Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Any Insight on the Sanyo 5150?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by AzNxJZ, Apr 24, 2002.

1. AzNxJZ

AzNxJZ New Member

I was deciding between the Sanyo 5150 and the Samsung SCH-T300. I can't seem to find the T300 for cheaper than $200 at radio shack, and I can order the 5150 from amazin for about $185. I would have already gotten the 5150 since it's cheaper if it wasn't for Sprint's really really sh*tty plan in the area where I live. Ulster County, NY. I would basically be roaming at my house for a nice 40 cents a minute. Verizon, of course, has the best plan and best coverage (for my area at least). I'm also at college for 9 out of the 12 months. Right now I'm in pittsburgh, but hopefully I will be in ithaca for next year. I'm not sure how sprint service in ithaca is (if it's roaming or not). I know sprint has service in pittsburgh and one of my friend says it's not TOO bad...just some dead spots once in a while. I was basically just asking if the 5150 is worth it. I mean the color screen is neat and all, but i also like the sleek design of the T300 and the plan Verizon has along with it. Tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Jacob

2. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

i have the 5150 and its a great phone; it has its negatives like any phone but overall very worth it. also if you are going to be roaming the sanyos do not do well with an analog signal (all the other sprint phones are fine in analog) and it seems that you would be roaming.

as far as the dead spots go that is to be expected-all carriers have them; even the big V has its fair share of deadspots in my market the ny/nj area.

i am pretty sure ithaca is covered by sprint digital, but you should verify that .

however even though i am a big sprint fan i would recommend you go with a carrier that isnt roaming at your home. but it is very possible there will be digital there soon- however if you are getting a phone now go with someone that isnt roaming where you will spend much of your time in the summer.

also on sprint the samsung N-300 is similar to the T300 and the T-300 is only 149.99 on the verizon website the N-300 is 129.99 on sprints site.

3. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Take the phones out for their trial periods and see which one works better in the areas that you travel

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AzNxJZ

AzNxJZ New Member

where do u live where the T300 is $150? when I go on the verizon website only the N300 is offered and not the T300. I wish Verizon could use the Sanyo 5150. That would solve all my problems
    [​IMG]

Jacob

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    But see that's why Sprint has their own exclusive phones like the 5150. So they will have an advantage over other carriers. [​IMG]

6. AzNxJZ

AzNxJZ New Member

how and where could i find out if Sprint is planning to expand their coverage area? right now Sprint PCS has service in the county right NEXT to mine..that's only like 20 minutes away...

Jacob