Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

any hope??

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by sensei, Dec 2, 2004.

1. sensei

sensei Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    can anyone please shed some light on whether or not us vzw customers have anything to look forward to in the new year?? such as new phones, plan promos, better service, etc. i just feel that with the cingular/att merger, vzw isn't doing anything to secure its customer base. sure its got the best service available for right now, but how long can that last? in my opinion, not long at all. vzw service has sucked for the past 2-3 months for me.
    to me, their attitude seems like "if you don't like it, then leave." well, if they're not going to do anything that would make me want to stay, then i'm jumping ship.

2. pcardoza

pcardoza Junior Member

I would guess they will wait until the early returns are in on the Cingular deal. If they appear to be gaining momentum, VZW will most certainly react. If Cingular blows it, however, and VZW continues to grow market share, why would they do anything?

3. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Here in Utah any time I call CS about once a month or every other. The few times no madder what I ask for, they will always ask me if I am going to change providers and I say no. So they must be a little worried here in Utah for some reason.

Nothing I know of new in the works for Chirstmas or New Years.
    The Verizon deals might know more than I know of this.
    Whenever push to talk comes back LG 4700 will be out. I don't think the LG 8000 will be out of test market nor Audiovox 8940 will be out until next year.
    As far as I can see until Jan or Feb will you see new stuff from Verizon Wireless. They're some good deals on LG phones right now. Did not see any hoilday plans.
    Thought Verizon might have something like bouns minute plans for the Hoildays, but that probably won't happen.

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Why don't you tell them "yes, I am thinking of porting my number." I bet they will make you a nice offer to get you to stay. Just a sneaky way to add a few more freebies to your rate plan. ;)

By the way, holiday offers sometimes don't start until about mid December so don't worry. Maybe the best is yet to come.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. macsesso

macsesso Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless
    Unlike Sprint who will give away many freebies, Verizon will say "Thank you for using Verizonwireless."

VZW will not offer you anything to stay.

6. sensei

sensei Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    i mean when you look at it, vzw plans are pretty competitive with cingular/att, except of course for the rollover minutes. and i have yet to test out cingular's service in my area during the 15 day grace period they offer. but, and i know you shouldn't base your decision on a wireless carrier because of this, cingular/att and for that matter other gsm carriers just seem to have better amenities, such as better phones with full bluetooth and more freedom to personalize your devices. and i guess like other posts have said, we'll have to wait and see how well this merger does to see if it shakes vzw up a little. maybe then they'll start hearing the consumers' pleas.

"verizon wireless....we never stop working for you (until when you need us the most)."

7. beatmix01

beatmix01 New Member

After going to CES this year and stopping buy the Audiovox booth, I was informed that the beloved CDM-8940 will ship Feb '05!!!