Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Any Feedback on HTC Touch?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by brian02, Dec 25, 2007.

1. brian02

brian02 New Member

I currently have T-Mobile with a Motorolla KRZR, but I am planning to switch next week in order to get a phone that actually allows internet browsing (and I am not talking about WAP).

I have narrowed my choices down to the iPhone, Verizon Voyager, and Sprint HTC Touch . I tried the iPhone a few days ago, but was a bit disappointed by the slow internet access.

Would appreciate any feedback on the HTC Touch and how it compares to the other two.

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I would right now cut out the voyager I dont think you will like it for the web browsing experience. Also it is hard between the touch and iphone they are both full touch so that is one thing in common. Also you said you didnt like the slow internet on the iphone well the touch uses a much faster internet connection so maybe this is the way to go. Also I know this has nothing to do with these phones but the palm centro is also touch and it has a physical keyboard I would take a serious look at that as well.

3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I would also add the HTC Tilt to the list if you have AT&T 3G service in your area.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    I haven't tried the others but I love my Touch - I've gone the 6600, 6700, 6800 route and the Touch is probably the best phone I've ever had. And all indications are it will get EVDO-A and GPS early in the spring (plus maybe WM6.1). If you're new to Sprint you can get the SERO plan - 500 minutes, unlimited EVDO, unlimited sprint-to-sprint, unlimited text, roaming, etc., for $30 plus a good price on the Touch. - sheureka

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. brian02

brian02 New Member

Thank you for the replies. I stopped by the Sprint store today and tried the phone.

Looks like the interface will take a little getting used to - certainly not as intuitive as the iPhone. Still, it seems very functional and the connection speeds are good.

I tried Palm Centro as well and was pleasantly surprised - thank you very much for the suggestion. The physical keyboard is easy to type on, and the interface is clean and intuitive. Not quite as good as the iPhone's, but still good. It seems like the Centro browser only supports WAP however, not full HTML. Is there any way around this?

BTW, does anyone know if it might be possible to use EVDO on a laptop using either of these phones? Possibly through Bluetooth?

6. TommyB

TommyB Member