Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

any durable sprint phones available?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by boiwonder, Mar 28, 2007.

1. boiwonder

boiwonder New Member

I'm ready to upgrade my phone, and was wondering if there is a sprint phone equivalent to the motorola i580, which is built to military standards. That one seems to be a nextel phone, and I have lots of friends who are sprint, no nextel users.
    Thanks!

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Since they're the same company now, you could probably get an i580 but I think you'd need to change your plan. Sprint proper doesn't have any ruggedized handsets like NEXTEL does, at least not that are available now. The closest thing available is probably the Sanyo SCP-7000 which, according to Sprint's website, "features a rubber Dura-Grip for added surface protection..." but it's no where near meeting the military 810F specifications.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    No regular Sprint phone will meet those same specifications.

The sanyo or the BlackBerry 8703 are probably Sprint's most durable offerings.

4. boiwonder

boiwonder New Member

5. StorminOKie

StorminOKie New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo MM-5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS; formerly of Verizon, AT&T, and USCC
    The Sanyo scp-7050, which meets the military specs, is available now from the Sprint CDMA side.