Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Any advice on a Nokia 3360

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by amy, Mar 1, 2002.

1. amy

amy New Member

I just signed up with AT&T Wireless and purchased a Nokia 3360. I have not had any real trouble with the phone, but a lot of people are telling me they are trouble. Should I switch to another phone? Any good choices? Also, my sister just signed up with AT&T but at another location and got a better phone package that included travel adapters and face plates. If I switched phones do i have to go back to the place i got mine from or could i do it at any at&t representatives? Just trying to figure out what to do before my 30 days run out.Thank you.

2. erub

erub Junior Member

i have a 3360. While it has a few quirks, I think its a good phone. I bought a travel charger for $6 off of ebay, and another faceplate for $10 from a local store in Dallas. Not exactly high dollar purchases. Sounds like your sister bought from an independent agent, whom are inclined to give better deals (i.e. throw in very cheap items to earn their comission). Overall I've been pleased with the phone, espically for the $25 I paid for it [​IMG] The only bug that I have experienced is that my phone sometimes reboots coming out of voice mail, although I hear this has been fixed in a software update. I dont normally get voicemails anyways, so its not that big of a deal [​IMG] The battery life isnt the greatest, when I use it a lot on the weekends, I have to charge it (I could buy a better battery for under $15 off of newegg, I just havent needed it yet). As far as TDMA phones go (what AT&T uses) it is probably 3rd to the Motorola V60t (very expensive, fragile, flip phone), Nokia 8260 (smaller, but lacks features and changeable faceplates, not as durable, and more expensive).

3. zorba

zorba New Member

I have a Nokia 3360, the call quality is good and it has more features than I will ever use. One nice feature is the ability to switch to analog when roaming outside of the digital network.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I had 4 3360's through AT&T WS since January of this year.

The first one would lock-up, then reboot in the middle of a call.
    The second one would say "No service" for DAYS.
    The third one developed the same problem.
    The fourth one just died. The AT&T store couldn't resuscitate it with a new battery and an AC charger.

I traded up to the new 6360. Even without the problems, I didn't like the short talk time and 2 numbers per name limitation. I have contacts with 4 numbers and 2 email addresses-- so I split them into "Alice" (C), "Alice (W)", etc. and hit the 200 name limit [​IMG]

I have had bad luck, but YMMV. Plus, you may not want to trust an anonymous post. Damn this slow email.

Best advice: check your provider's warrantee replacement, and have the info handy. It took two days to get the replacement phones from AT&T customer service. And If you develop a problem, don't wait for the fourth phone to decide that model doesn't like you. [​IMG]

-Blik
    [​IMG]

5. Seadog

Seadog New Member

I am on my second nokia 3360 with the same problem. The phone shuts itself down with the keyboard locked & with a fully charged battery.
    I requested Cingular to replace the phone with something else. They wont. They will only replace with a like product. With 150 + # entries this turns into a big problem.

Any suggestions on a better phone. It must be very loud in both ring and earpiece volume & have vibration alert too since I work in a high noise area.

6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    If you are happy with the phone and not having any problems I see no need to return it.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

As long as you return the phone to an AT&T store not a dealer, it really doesnt matter which location you return to. the newer 3360 phones are better than the older ones from about 2 or 3 months ago...they have better batteries, will not lock up,or screens going out....Nokia had software problems a while ago in that model and had to hire extra personel to take all the new calls in warranty exchange..

8. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    Yes typically when you go thru warranty exchange you are getting a used handset not new and it will most likely have the same or some other problem, best bet is to ask customer care to issue you some sort of credit towards the phone ,be forceful they will not want to give it to you, it will work though, expecially if you spend a good size chunk on the service....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...