Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Antenna Repeters or Signal Boosters?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by MantaRayz, May 26, 2007.

1. MantaRayz

MantaRayz New Member

The Nextel reception in my new townhouse really sucks! Is there something anyone can recommend that is a less costly alternative to the $300 to $500 systems on MyCellularSolution.com?

Thanks for ALL your suggestions.

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    You could always try a simple antenna that you either mount on your window or outside and have the cable run inside and connect it to your phone. Not sure which brand the best way to go is or how well that would work for your needs. If you need "wireless" signal boosters, you will be paying a lot of money for it, unless you can switch to the Sprint CDMA side or switch to a completely different carrier that may serve your area better.

3. MantaRayz

MantaRayz New Member

Yea, I'm seeing that. :( The lots of money that is.

In 1985, I installed an external mast antenna for a client in Vancouver Wash so they could get a Portland signal (and number) for their Marketing company run out of their house. I guess I can do the same here.

Thanks!

4. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    What part of Newport Beach are you in? North? South? Closer to Corona Del Mar ? Near Jamboree? Up by the 55?

Nextel coverage in Newport Beach is pretty good unless you're up on the northern part of Beck Bay Rd (Eastbluff Park area) and the area right across from there near Irvine Ave and 22nd St. The Balboa area isn't too hot either, but there isn't many places to put a cell site out there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WPSANTENNAS-MATT

WPSANTENNAS-MATT New Member

What Nextel telephone model are you using?

There are some Nextel models that have RF antenna ports for use with an external antenna.

6. Allan

Allan New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola i870 - iDEN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel, Sprint

Cell Phone Antennas and Cell Phone Boosters at Wilson Electronics
    when installed correctly the repeaters work great, you do need good signal outside -82 or better, put your phone into trace mode,
    #, *, menu, right arrow scroll down to RX Status, then press OK the screen will flash with the SQE, carrier number in HEX, and the signal strenght in dB, (this is on the 2nd line on the right), measurments should be taken form outside.
    Good luck......