Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Another Tracfone Question

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

My interest in the Tracfone is in the prepaid service and for use a step above emergency service, e.g. letting the family when I'm going to be late, what to pick up at the store,etc
    My question now is what is the difference between analog and digital. Any preferences?

Thanks again

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    See the Forum "Wireless News & Issues" and the thread: PrePaid Wireless - The Real Costs
    http://wirelessadvisor.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=14&threadid=226

I wrote this last month but can't find the posting, so I reposted it.

In your case, it sounds like you might actually get a better deal by getting on the inexpensive, home plans.

Here in northern California, ATT offers the whole state of California as the "home" area and their lowest calling rate is $30 for 250 minutes of peak time, 1000 minutes off-peak.
    This includes all roaming and long-distance calls placed in-state.

Cingular, for $20/month, offers 50 minutes of calling. This does NOT include roaming and long-distance. That costs extra. Their home area appears to be the whole state of Calif., but their network is not as built-out as is ATT's.

Verizon, for $25/month, offers 100 minutes peak and 1900 minutes off peak. Again, roaming and long-distance are extra. Their "home" area is northern California (for residents above Bakersfield) and southern california for residents below Bakersfield.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Kevin that Cingular deal is for 50 minutes plus unlimited nights and weekends also. I agree with Kevin, you might want to look into a low usage monthly plan instead of pre-paid, especially with TraFone considering there rates are so high. You should look into Cingular Wireless they have a deal for $20 bucks a month like Kevin said that has 50 minutes of use per month plus unlimited nights and weekends. Cingular Wireless and Verizon Wireless also offer pre-paid that is much cheaper then what you are looking at now.

http://www.cingular.com/

http://www.verizonwireless.com/splash/freeup/splash.html

By the way on the note of Digital get a digital phone they are much better nobody really uses analog anymore. You really don't have to worry about this though 95% of phones that are sold now are digital and many carries don't even sell analog only phones anymore they just sell digital or dual-mode digital/analog phones only.