Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AT&T Wireless Android group MMS trouble

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by ngotham93nd, Dec 17, 2015.

1. ngotham93nd

ngotham93nd New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    VPN
    Android group MMS trouble

When I receive some group text messages even if they are not a multimedia messages displays as an MMS message with a box “New MMS message to download: size is 1KB, expires on X/XX, X:XX XX. ''Message not downloaded. Touch to retry” However it always fails.

The Web is littered with people experiencing this same problem who are using every manner of Android phone over multiple Android OS versions on every major cell phone carrier and where applicable, a mind numbing number of APN setting variations. God knows I have.

I have seen accounts of people switching from Apple to Android try to blame Apple for the issue as well as people who have never been Apple users who have this problem. I have never been an Apple user and I have the problem so I don’t buy it!

This sure looks like an OS problem and I believe Google owns it. How can we get this FIX?

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    I don't think your assumption about it being an OS problem is correct. Google doesn't own the network, nor the MMS / SMS service. As you stated, it is an AT&T users' issue. Since only AT&T users are having the issue (btw, I'm not), it is probably a network issue. As to how "we get this fix[ed] [sic]," call AT&T.