Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

AMERICA'S CHOICE VERIZON -- HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]

I am thinking of switching to Verizon and signing up for an America's Choice plan. Does any one out there have America's Choice and what do you think?

Holla back!!

2. sgarrand

sgarrand New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX 4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Cingular
    I have America's Choice and I like it very much. It's not "all roaming free" like Cingular, but I like the coverage I get in my area. The bottom line is that if Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, or any other roaming partners have coverage in the areas you want to use the phone.. it's great. Verizon has the largest network of all the providers, but you can't go everywhere. Free analog roaming on Verizon's extensive analog system. There are still some areas not covered and before you choose AC make sure you're covered. Don't just look at the coverage maps, but ask their Customer Service any questions about any areas you'll need service in. If you have service in your area, you'll love it. Their network and partners cover just about any place you'd need to go, in my opinion.

Scott

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I was just billed $200+ in roaming charges while on vacation in an area that is listed on their map as one of the metro areas having coverage.

I am going to dispute the charges, of course, but I think the America's choice plan promises more than it delivers.

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    See guys why I keep saying that Verizon should stop agreement with carriers that will charge roaming in AC areas? It's just too much hassle for customers to call every month to get roaming charges waived and more support lines congested for them because more people are calling to complain. Also, it makes people afraid of using the phone while traveling. When I travel, I wanna have the peace of mind that I won't get surprise bills at the end of the cycle.

What did the display on your phone say when you were on vacation?

Is it me or are there really that many people complaining about roaming charges in while in AC areas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mike

Mike Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon, Cingular
    I'm glad I got the National Single Rate plan. I got it last Christmas when they had the 3350 weekend minutes included, which they don't have any more. No nights, but then again I seldom call anyone after 9pm anyway. No roaming costs in the entire US. No hidden costs. If I have service it is free, or at least included in my plan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

If your roaming indicator is SOLID (or says ROAMING), you are roaming and not on the AC network. If the roaming indicator is blinking or says EXTENDED NETWORK, you are not roaming. You are on Sprint PCS network which has agreements with Verizon (except here in NYC) which they wanted out. If it says Verizon, you're also good.

LOOK WHAT YOUR PHONE SAYS BEFORE DIALING OR MAKING CALLS.