Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Am I Truely Stuck with TMobile?

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by howejustin, Apr 12, 2008.

1. howejustin

howejustin New Member

Well, I won't type everything out from scratch, so I'll just post what I wrote to corporate (who hasn't responded, which I kind of assumed would be the case).

---------------------------------------------------------
    To Whom It May Concern:
    Attn. Robert Dotson

My name is [ME], and I have been a faithful T-Mobile customer since December of 2006. Up until three months ago, I have been extremely happy and content with the service and support provided by T-Mobile. Then some issues arose that, through the months, have decreased my loyalty and contentment to the point where I wish I never chose T-Mobile as my cellular provider.
    In December of 2007, I purchased a new Wing handheld using a promotional code through the business sales department. Excitement for my first-ever PocketPC overcame me, and when the product arrived at my doorstep I was happy beyond belief. That excitement was very short lived, however. Barely a week after receiving the Wing, the mechanisms which provide sliding function on the device started to become loose. That malfunction worsened over the next couple of days, which prompted me to contact customer support for a replacement. I did so, and after being transferred four times to various departments and three hours of phone time, it was decided to send me a brand new Wing for replacement. However the shipping department forgot to include my apartment number, so the package was returned back to sender. This in turn caused a chain of billing events so frustrating that I completely gave up on T-Mobile and to this day not only dread, but hope that I never have to speak to support again.
    Upon looking at my support call record since December of 2007, you will notice that I have initiated nearly two dozen support calls, been on the line over eight hours, and have had my service inaccurately suspended and nearly suspended two additional times; all for paying my bill each month for the full amount due. During the process of all these support calls, you would not believe the frustration facilitated in explaining the situation over and over again to each new representative; a situation which was caused by T-Mobile’s billing system and in no part was caused by any of my doing whatsoever.
    With the increase of billing issues and support calls, I decided to focus first on resolving those complications and re-address the malfunctioning Wing device as soon as the prior issues were rectified. Now, as of March 17, three days after the billing issues have finally been resolved, the Support, Sales and Technical departments are all informing me that as three months have passed by since first purchase, only a refurbished phone can be supplied using the added insurance I have, incurring a shipping cost as well as a deductible. I don’t understand why, through all of the issues I have had to endure because of T-Mobile’s mistakes (which include an incorrectly shipped replacement back in December), I would now have to once again absorb the cost and frustration that T-Mobile refuses to make good of. The only thing I am guilty of is paying my bill on time, and always for the full amount due.

So my questions are these: What is T-Mobile Corporate willing to do due ensure I receive a quality, brand new replacement for my defective Wing, and in addition what is going to be done to bring back that sweet taste I once had for T-Mobile from the bitter atrocity that it is now?

Thank you for your time,
    Sincerely,
    [ME]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically, I have done nothing wrong whatsoever. I have paid my bill in full every month, and because of the way they do business I have had to endure nightmarish complications. In all honesty, even the thought of calling TMobile ruins my day.

Is there nothing I can do to get satisfaction or cancel my serivice / contracts without being charged up the whazoo in early termination fees? I pay nearly $200 per month, as I cover my own phone along with my Fiancee's, her sisters and my fathers.

2. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Contact their customer relations office at their corporate headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
    at 425-378-4000 or 1-800-318-9270. They're often able to help where regular customer care cannot help you. Try them and you may get some satisfaction.

3. howejustin

howejustin New Member

Thank you Telekom, your help is much appreciated! I'll give that a shot.