Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Am I going crazy?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Sunny32, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Sunny32

Sunny32 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I upgraded last time to an LGVX6100. I really enjoyed that phone, but after a year I started hearing a metallic sound in the earpiece. If you take two rings (on your finger) and click them together that's basically what it sounds like. It's not loud, but after a while it gets REALLY annoying and progressively worse! Verizon gave me another (refurb) which not only did the same thing but quickly the earpiece just flat out stopped working. People could hear me but not vice versa. Got another refurb. Same metallic clicking. Now they give me a VX7000, kind of ugly compared, but thanks for the upgrade. Was told no one returns this phone it's GREAT! They even gave me an extended battery which I could never live without again. Long story condensed, all three 7000's have made this same odd noise!! I finally talked to the manager at Verizon who claimed to know what I was talking about, despite the fact that even I couldn't hear the noise at the time (how convenient!) Said something about speaker reverberation. NO, that's not what I mean. I am being made to feel like I'm going :loony: with these damn phones! He said try turning the volume down and see if that helps. Last night I did that and there was that noise, clear as day! What do I do????

2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    If you switched to a 7000 and it is still a problem, it could be your area, check with the local network people about echo problems and vocoder rates. I have had area problems here. The LG bashers will join in I am sure, but you could try another brand or switch to GSM and bail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Sunny, like I asked you in a different thread, plese explain this sound a little more. Is it obvious when neither of the two parties is talking?
    IF so then I know what you're talking about and can give you advice.

4. Sunny32

Sunny32 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hey Andy! Let's see, most definitely the sound is heard when there is a pause in conversation. I keep telling myself to just ignore it, thinking I'll get used to it, but I can't seem to do that. :( Clicking two rings together is the closest I've come to duplicating the sound. Hope you can help! Sorry about the other thread, I wasn't sure if you were answering me or the originator. Thank you for responding!