Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltell/ebay question

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by amynrichie, May 20, 2008.

1. amynrichie

amynrichie New Member

My daughter lost her contract phone, and I am trying to replace it. If I buy a phone on ebay, what else will I have to do to get it to work? Here is part of the desc for a razor v3 that I am looking at: "we buy these Phones In bulk from overseas, We unlocked the Phones to make sure that you can use the Phone with any Sim card, We then pack each phone in a Motorola retail box together with a new battery & charger"

Will I have to buy a SIM card for alltel? Or, should this phone be "good to go"?

Thanks so much for your help.
    AC

2. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Alltel is CDMA . CDMA phones do not have sim cards . Make sure you get a CDMA phone . Alltel will usually activate one of thier own or a Verizon issued phone. Also Make sure the ESN on the phone is clear . A phone will have a bad ESN if it was lost , stolen or the previous owner defaulted on the bill. The carrier will not activate a phone with a bad ESN. Just ask the seller for the ESN and check it with Alltel before purchasing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. amynrichie

amynrichie New Member

Thanks for your help!
    AC

4. ta206

ta206 Junior Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I've bought a few Alltel branded phones on Ebay without any problems. Just be careful that the buyer will work with you on the ESN number and has many positive feedbacks. Once you get it you just call Alltel CS and they will ask for the ESN and a few minutes later they have always had me up and running. Good Luck.

5. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    could she buy an prepaid alltell phone at walmart? like a 40.00 ONE AND ACTIVATE IT?? THATS AN IDEA ALSO

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    I have heard that the Walmart Alltel U phones are locked. Ebay should be fine. I have purchased 7-8 Alltel phones on eBay with no issues. Just read the listings carefully, pay attention to feedback, and ask questions. Also with eBay's new feedback policies, dishonest sellers are going to get slammed pretty hard.

7. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Don't even get me started about the new feedback policy. There are many many scamming buyers too. This leaves very little recourse for good sellers. I literally had a guy buy an item. Never respond to my messages, never pay, then have the nerve to leave negative feedback (i didn't leave him negative or positive because i figured he just couldn't afford it or something) then he completely lied in the feedback. But oh well.

1 person likes this.
  8. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    That's horrible. I've only sold about 3 of my old phones on eBay, but I won't mail anything to the buyer until I've got the money deposited into my paypal account and it's in the process of being transferred to my bank. But buyers can be just as bad. There's some that you can't trust. I really believe there's some people on there that are power sellers, that register a few usernames with no feedback to go around and bid outrageously on the competition's items, not pay, not respond to messages, etc. I've ran into one that won one of my auctions but the payment never went through and I never mailed it. He was based out of Miami so I was a little suspicious from the start.

9. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    I don't agree with the new feedback policies either. In fact I wrote in protest of the changes--as did many others--but obviously they had already made up their minds.

10. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I had this happen a few days ago. I was selling a phone of all things and the buyer never sent payment of responded to my communication. I waited for a week and I tried to contact him several times with no luck. The day I relisted the item, he slammed me with a negative. I can see the guy's address in the 'print shipping label' option and I was tempted to send him some hate mail but I refrained.

It is very unfortunate that buyers can no longer be given negative feedback, because it leaves little consequence for unpaid items and misuse of the feedback system. I'm sorry you encountered the same problem that I did.