Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel Wireless New Phones

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by alltelwireless-the best, May 8, 2007.

1. alltelwireless-the best

My Phone:
    Samsung U520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel*Nextel*Tmobile* NO MORE AT&T YES!!
    Alltel Wireless has two new phones, The Wafer and The Snap. I was just wondering if anyone had either one yet and if they are any good. Post some info please

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    This was posted over a month ago in this thread.
    The Wafer isn't really anything to write home about, it's just really thin and the Snap is sort of an a645 in a cooler case with a camera. Pretty standard Samsung GUI and nothing too impressive.

The Snap does have one interesting (if you can call it that) feature where it takes a picture of a hand-written message and digitizes it (ie, makes it black & white) and then you can send it as a picture message. This "feature" is billed as handwritten message capture, which leads some to believe that you can somehow write on the phone and send that as a message but this is untrue, it's just picture messaging with digitization that makes it easier to read... supposedly. I find that it is easier to read the actual color picutre, but that's just me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alltelwireless-the best

My Phone:
    Samsung U520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That is interesting. :)

4. chapulincolorado

chapulincolorado New Member

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I have the Wafer Samsung. For $50, it's not a bad phone. The casing is fair-to-good. The contents are better. This is more of an introductory phone. Not for those with large hands. Very thin and lightweight.

5. bjc1981

bjc1981 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung x427m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    We got two of the Snaps about two weeks ago and have since returned them both. The biggest problem was the battery life was garbage. After about 11 hours idle and maybe 30 minutes of talk time tops, the batteries would be down to 1/3 bars, this is after a full nights charge. Otherwise, seemed like a very basic, but decent phone.

We've changed to the Motorola E815 and LG AX245.

6. alltelwireless-the best

My Phone:
    Samsung U520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Thats not good:( . Thanks for the info!!

7. mcwilliams

mcwilliams Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel and AT&T
    I have had a few employees here that have gotten the Wafer, but have since returned them because the echo was terrible. Even with the volume on the lowest setting there was such a bad echo. It's too bad because the phone didn't seem too bad, nice size and I liked it better than the Moto SLVR. Of course that's just personal opinion, and I do prefer Motorola products overall.

8. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    The will probably eventually come out with a software update to fix that....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. mcwilliams

mcwilliams Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel and AT&T
    Oh I am sure they will, usually it takes a little bit. The V262 when it came out was a perfect example. The static was horrible, and after the software fix it was okay.