Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel Wireless Internet Card help needed

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by GingerH, Jun 17, 2008.

1. GingerH

GingerH New Member

Guess I need help with the Alltel wireless internet card. First, I don't get but one bar, but it works and somewhat better than my dial up internet.

But can't figure out how to get Outlook Express to work with it. Can recieve mail but can't send. Any help would be appreciated.

Ginger

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

First off, you probably have crap reception in your area. You are only getting 1x service it sounds like which explains why it is slow. 1x is basically the signal that cell phones use to transmit phone calls on. EVDO is the high speed stuff. Maybe you can try the antenna or see if you can go to the retail store and get a different model card and better reception.

Second, Alltel blocks outgoing e-mail on the default SMTP port so you may try a different port. But Alltel has their own SMTP servers which you can use for your own. I'm not sure what they are as I don't have easy access to that information. A call to *611 option 3 (tech support) from your Alltel phone will provide more information. What do you use for e-mail?

3. GingerH

GingerH New Member

Thank you for answering me.

I do have crap reception, but it is better than the dial up I have and a lot better than my land line phone, that stays out more than it stays in.

Antenna???? Suggestion needed. Maybe one on my house or what??

Will call Alltel about sitting up the explorer.

Right now I use a dial up connection out of Conway.

Ginger