Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel Verizon Merger

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Smooches91, Jun 27, 2008.

1. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Haha that sounded corney in a way. But it is true that we will probably lose our plans. What I hope will happen is we can keep My Circle at least.

2. jessicanich

jessicanich New Member

haha, yea it kinda did..

as long as you are in a alltel plan before the merger then you get to keep my circle and all other alltel benefits. if you change your plan AFTER the merger, then you will be given a new verizon plan which will not include my circle.

personally, i think this merger is going to screw all of us alltel users. verizon has "cool" phones, but alltel has GREAT service and features, and verizon will most likely opt to discard of those features.

3. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    In divest areas, I'd like to see Verizon move Alltel customers to Verizon's network,
    or Verizon moving their customers to the Alltel network,
    rather than giving the customers away.

I'm sure Verizon would be allowed to migrate Alltel customers.

Either way, in my opinion it should be up to the customer to choose to be divested
    to a new carrier, or move over to the Verizon side.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

What would be nice is if Verizon offers more for us.

5. HakSoft8387

HakSoft8387 New Member

i agree. But i got one ?, if i went to verizon would i get to keep my rates. I mean i just got an Air card with a 2 yr contact,

Alltel was unlimited use, verizon is like 5gig a month, what the hell am i goin to do with 5 gig of Download Bandwidth a month...

(rumor has it, from a college buddy who works at alltel, said we would be grandfathered in.. but dont take my word for it.. just a thought, and a damn good thought.)

6. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Looking at past buyouts, yes you would be grandfathered. Since the 5GB limit isn't in your contract you can keep it that way.

7. spiritedred

spiritedred New Member

Below is an open letter to both Verizon and Alltel... Beware when upgrading until it is within 4 months of your contract and make sure your number ports!
    I am writing in regard to recent nightmare experienced due to the merge. I have been an Alltel customer for years with 2 different accounts. My son's account the one referrenced, received a letter from Verizon to upgrade to Verizon early. I went through that process and asked all the right questions I thought, and then went to terminate the Alltel account and was told that the information I received was incorrect. I was told there would be a 200.00 early termination fee, because he wasn't within his 4 months before the end of his contract AND his number wouldn't port. The latter not my fault. Now, he is within one month of meeting that 4 month criteria. He is a man with a disability that lives 3 hours away from me and now has to package up the new phone, disconnect it, pay all the related Verizon fees and then when the merge is complete, he will be going over to Verizon anyway. I was led to understand by both companies that the merge would not adversely affect the customer base and I will tell you I have spoken with so many people from both companies and neither knows what the other is doing and no one will make any kind of conscessions to make this change easier. I have worked on this situation for 3 days trying to make sense out of what I have gotten myself into by responding to letter I received to upgrade early. I am a well educated consumer and read through the entire letter, asked all the right questions multiple times and still end up having to end the new account with Verizon to wait one month. This has proven to be costly both in time and money for someone that is on a fixed income. Thank you, Brenda Sue Alltel numbers: 316**** - 620-727**** Verizon: 620*******

8. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Sorry to hear that fellow Hutchinsonian.

9. UnderpaidTechSupport

Sadly I helped a customer like yourself today. I'm not sure what mail they are sending you but if you're with alltel and considering switching to verizon just hold what you've got. You can wait a month or two and then get your shiny new phones when you become verizon customers.