Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel V3m MP3 Limitations?

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by zulu099, Jan 20, 2007.

1. zulu099

zulu099 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Hi there. I have an Alltel Razr V3m and I transferred the MP3s to my SDMicro (TF) by using WinXP's drag and drop function in Explorer. I know that I transferred about 50 MP3s but I only see about 30 in my Razr. Anyone knows anything about this? Is there a limitation to the number of MP3s that one can see on the Razr?

Thanks much in advance!!!

#1 zulu099, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  2. Cincyball

Cincyball Issss a niiiiice. High 5!

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Check the file names of the ones you cant see. The phone has trouble reading files that have too long of names. I think the cutoff is somewhere around 30 or 35 characters. See if that helps any.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zulu099

zulu099 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    hi Cincy! You seem to be correct! Also it appears that I have to remove all non-alpha numeric (with the exception of the hyphen). Thanks so much. Cheers:biggrin:

4. tracydee

tracydee New Member

I am trying to transfer music from windows media player to my alltel razr V3m. I just bought the phone at Christmas and I have downloaded numerous drivers, but wmp still won't recognize it as a storage device.

5. Cincyball

Cincyball Issss a niiiiice. High 5!

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Your Alltel Razr isnt compatible with WMP11. These phones are never seen as mass storage devices. If u have a transflash card, u need to put the card into a card reader after formatting it on your PHONE, and then add music into the 'audio' folder. If u are trying to put music on your phone memory (u can only fit about 5 songs on the phones memory), then u need a program such as Motorola Phone Tools (MPT), or P2Kcommander to access the phone's 'audio' folder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I never could get WMP to recognize my phone as a storage device either. You can get your computer to recognise the phone as a USB modem and then use Motorola Phone Tools to move stuff back and forth between your phone and computer via USB cable (that's what all those drivers help you do). But MPT does not help much for music stuff like you want to do -at least I haven't figured out how MPT can work there. Cincyball's advice is best as usual here...

First install the microSD card in your phone and format it. Got to Phone Status, then Storage Devices, then with the TRANS-T-FLASH highlighted press Options. Then Select to format.

Now remove the microSD (Trans-T-Flash card) from your phone and install it into a card reader on your computer. I had to purchase a card reader specifically for microSD cards (one that does NOT use an adaptor for full size SD slots). I got that pretty cheap off ebay. Some folks seem to get an SD adaptor to work and then just use a standard SD reader, but my computer never recognized the microSD card using the adaptor. So I then plugged the reader into a standard USB port, I chose one on the back of the computer -I don't know why but using the back ports works better...

Now here's where my ignorance probably makes things harder than necessary, but in order to play songs on the V3m you need to get those songs into MP3 format. So I chose to burn a CD of my favorite songs, and then rip those same songs back over to my computer. When doing the rip process be sure to choose to make the format MP3.

From there you just need to drag the new MP3 song copies over to the audio folder on the microSD. This can take some searching if you get lost in all the process but its got to be easy since I figured it out :loony:

Finally, to play those songs -just put the microSD back into the phone and go to Media Gallery, then Sounds, then Options, then Switch Storage Devices, and choose the Trans-T-Flash (microSD) card. You should now see all those songs you just copied -just press and play... :lmao: