Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel To Get A New Phone!!

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by alltelwireless-the best, May 31, 2007.

1. alltelwireless-the best

My Phone:
    Samsung U520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel*Nextel*Tmobile* NO MORE AT&T YES!!
    Alltel Wireless will be getting the: Razr 2 V9m.
    It will release in stores mid-june.
    Price is Unknown, I THINK maybe around 199.99
    Websites:http://www.motorola.com

I can't wait for this new phone!!!!

Source: Friend that manages a Alltel Retail Store.

2. mcwilliams

mcwilliams Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel and AT&T
    That will be great news if true. Not to discount anything your friend says, but wireless retail managers don't have exactly the inside track on new devices. But anyway, like I said nothing against you or your friend. Hope it comes true as Alltel needs some new equipment.

3. PTCO911

PTCO911 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I would like to think that it will debuts in June, but when and if it happens I will be very pleased. My RAZR is on its last legs.

4. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

It is not going to debut in June. We have heard absolutely NOTHING about any new intros for phones in CS, and we get notified a few weeks ahead (at least) on new releases or price changes.

5. chapulincolorado

chapulincolorado New Member

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    From what I read, the phones would probably be coming out until July 2007.

6. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Just because CS hasn't heard about a phone being released does not mean that it isn't going to be.

In the corporate food chain, CS is usually last to know, right behind retail.

It is especially true in this case since the CDMA V9m's that I have read about people getting their hands on were all running Alltel firmware.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Meaning absolutely nothing. Tons of things are tested in the corporate world; MAYBE 10 percent are actually released to customers. Just because Alltel is testing them does NOT mean they will release them.

They may well release them...I don't doubt that. However, I still assert that it is at LEAST a month away. Every new phone release I've seen, we've gotten about three to four weeks advance notice in CS and I have yet to hear one PEEP about this phone. I stand by my prediction.

8. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My point was not that Alltel will release the Motorola V9m in June (they won't) but that CS knowing or not knowing about something doesn't mean that something is or isn't going to happen.

Back to the original point of this thread, the V9m won't be released in June but a low-end version of the first-generation RAZR will be. Look for it around the last third of the month.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. chapulincolorado

chapulincolorado New Member

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The V3M that has been rumored?

10. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No, the V3m is already out. This phone has a different designation and no EV-DO.

11. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Do you Think that the v9m will make it by the end of the year? I'm needing a new phone and love the razr. So should I be waiting for v9m to come out or should just get the v3m and be happy?

12. alltelwireless-the best

My Phone:
    Samsung U520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    HeyGuys,

According to my sources the Motorola V8 GSM will be out July2007. Apparentley the Moto Razr2 made it in on time, before the chip ban. It it said that the CDMA RAZR2 V9m will be out 90days after the Gsm version.

Sources: Alltel Employees and Store Managers, Phonescoop.com

13. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Verizon will offer the V9m first with Alltel following a month (or less, depending on testing schedule) after Verizon. Look for Alltel to offer the V9m in August or September.

14. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The Motorola V3a will be released as of Thursday, June 21st. This is a 1xRTT only (no EV-DO) RAZR and it is interesting because it is the first Alltel handset to use the MEID (Mobile Equipment Identifier) which is a 14-digit replacement for the 8-hex/11-dec ESN.

The V3a has only a VGA camera, not a 1.3 megapixel and it will be $149.99 with a $100 mail-in rebate.

15. alltelwireless-the best

My Phone:
    Samsung U520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    What is the V3a? Ive never heard of it. Is it the lower end razr that is supposed to be released before the All New Razr 2 V9m?

16. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, the V3a is the low-end RAZR I mentioned on 6/12/07.

Again, I wouldn't expect the V9m until at least August... maybe very late July if Alltel can push it through their testing quickly.

17. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    I heard from the local retail store that it will cost about the same as the Silver RAZR V3m. The funny thing is I got to play with one of them, as they had it down there but cant sale it yet. It doesnt have EVDO, No Memory Card, it only has a VGA Camera, cant support IM or Video, or anything like that... its so freaking low end but yet they want so much for it... guess you end up paying for the super long ESN in the end... haha

18. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The V3a does support video... it has the video camera application loaded into it. But it's like you say, no EV-DO, no memory card and only a VGA camera.

It will cost exactly what the V3m currently costs with less features... but it's black.:D

19. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    LG AX380 Wave will be out in early August. It is a clamshell phone, has an MP3 player with external touch-sensitive controls, Micro SD card slot, EV-DO, 1.3 Megapixel camera, Celltop.

From what I hear it will be a pretty nice phone... no word on available colors yet, though.

20. zdoyle35

zdoyle35 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (work),Alltel(personal)
    heres the deal 7 new phones in the next 3 months 5 or witch are smart phones, there are lots o f big things coming from alltel and i am really excited!!!

21. JGreer97

JGreer97 Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, AT&T
    Cool, But can you let us know when and what?

22. zdoyle35

zdoyle35 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (work),Alltel(personal)
    i wish i new exact dates, i now someone who works for them and they hear about this stuff in there team meetings

23. Deac66

Deac66 New Member

Hey folks, new poster here. Looks like I've come to the right place. nice to find a dedicated board to Alltel and its phones. We have had 3 phones with them for 3-4+ years. I just switched to the iPhone which I dearly love, but we are keeping the other two with Alltel because of their outstanding coverage in my wife's hometown out in the boonies of SC. And also because of the great My Circle plan which has been awesome for us.

We have not had new phones for 3 years, still on the Nokia 3587's I think it is. She has been enthralled with the Razr's for some time and we were looking at the V3a in the store Saturday.

I have read extensively online on the Razr's and am thoroughly confused -- there seems to be so many different models and also seems to be a real love -hate relation with them. Seems to be no "oh they're OK" folks, either despise them or love them. So we're a bit confused as to which of Alltel's phone's to get now. She is looking forward definitely to having a camera phone and a flip phone. She at least for now is not into text messaging. She is starting to get an inking to want to check/send email and do a little surfing but we'd have to go to a smartphone for that, right?

So what's the deal with the Razr's -- why so many negative comments? And your comments above that this V3a is such a low end sort of scares me off.

I also want a new phone that basically will serve as backup and needs only be a basic phone.

Thanks

24. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The Motorola RAZR V3a, to be sure, is a good phone. I have used several different versions of the RAZR and have never had a real huge problem with any of them, other than the speakerphone wasn't very good on most versions I used.

The issue I have with the V3a is that it lacks several of the features of the recent V3m but costs the same from Alltel. For example, the V3a doesn't have EV-DO (high speed internet) or a megapixel camera. The V3a is a basic RAZR and that's a good thing but I don't think it should cost as much as the more feature-laden V3m.

Liking or disliking the RAZR is a matter of personal opinion. My Alltel phone of choice is the K1m KRZR but I know many people who dislike this phone. I think it's close to perfect, myself. What you'll want to do is have the people upgrade their phones but try everything out. Remember that you have a trial period where you can change phone models once, so use it. Figure out if the RAZR is what your wife wants and, if not, have her try something else. If one is available, the e815 is almost as good, IMHO, as the KRZR. The e815s are being phased out, though, so they may be harder to find.

Hope this helps.

25. Deac66

Deac66 New Member

Thank you very much -- makes sense. Is EV-D0 the 3g or the 2G speed?

I was reading up today on this Razr V9m that it sounds like Alltel is getting and it sure sounds sweet -- might just wait on that, altho it sounds as if it will be much more expensive but worth it for her to be able to do her email and web stuff. I didn't know what I was missing not having a smartphone all this time since I got my iPhone -- kicking myself for not going higher tech with a phone before now. Needless to say if I can afford an iPhone, I can afford to get her a good one too --- or at least I better!!!!!!

Is the V9m as close to a sure thing and getting close time wise as some reports say?

26. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    EV-DO is a 3G wireless technology.
    Yeah, the Motorola V9m RAZR² looks to be a pretty awesome. It will be more expensive than the V3a but it will also be much more feature-rich. It's really up to you if you want to wait or have a phone with lots of features, many of which you may not want/need.[/QUOTE]

The rumos I have heard put the RAZR² coming out in late August or sometime in September but those are only rumors.