Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel Out Done on Phones and Phone Prices

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Shockwave13, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    I was just looking again at the US Cellular website, checking pricing and offers on phones from them. I looked at them since they are smaller than Alltel and are number 6 behind them. So pretty much whatever they can do Alltel should be able to do or beat since they are almost 2 times the size of USCC.

MP3 player phones:
    AT: 3 Moto V3m, Moto K1m, Samsung U520
    USCC: 5 Moto V3m, Moto K1m, Kyocera KX5 Remix, Nokia 6265i, Moto L7c SLVR

So USCC has two more MP3 phones than Alltel.

Pricing:
    AT: Moto K1m 249.99, V3m (Fire Red 99.99 Silver 79.99)
    USCC: Moto K1m 179.99, V3m (RED 119.99, Fire Red 119.99, Silver 119.99)

USCC has Alltel beat on K1m by 70.00, as for the V3m Alltel does take the cake here and beats USCC out on pricing. But if you notice USCC sales all three V3m models for the same price.

High Media Phones:
    AT: Moto K1m (Ext MP3 controls, 1.3MP cam, 1GB Expnd Mem), Samsung U520 (Ext MP3 controls, 1.3MP cam, 1GB Expnd Mem)
    USCC: Moto K1m (Ext MP3 controls, 1.3MP cam, 1GB Expnd Mem), Nokia 6265i
    (Built In true MP3 player, 2.0MP cam, 2GB Expnd Mem), Moto SLVR L7c (Built in true MP3, 1.3MP cam, 1GB Expnd Mem)

Basically here they run pretty side by side on MP3 until you get to MP cams and expand memory. Now it maybe by just one model that USCC has it but still one is better than AT's none. Nokia 6265i 129.99 2.0MP and yes 2GB Expnd Mem. Sorry the cake goes to them on that one, but if AT brings out a 2.0MP cam phone with MP3 and 2GB mem they can even the score easily.

So why is this important? because the excuse behind why AT doesnt have high phones like Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile has always been. "We are smaller so we cant get the good deals like they can. That is why we charge more for our phones and dont have the high end model phones" Well if a carrier half the size can beat prices, features, and models offered on phones then AT can beat them to. I think they should, they have better plan pricing, better features, and better offers on service than USCC. So why not the phone section? yes I know if you look at other phones AT beats them back and forth, but we are looking at the High End phones here. Some may say AT is one Q away from pounding USCC down with high media phones. I say since most ppl dont want or use phones like the Q. Its going to take a lot more than the Q to do that... maybe the SLVR, or the 6265i, maybe even something new no one else has that has 2.0MP cam and 2GB mem... we shall see.. just my two cents here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Your observations are right on. And as far as the Q is concerned, I'll be interested to see the price point on that. You can get it now from Verizon for $99 with a $100 rebate and from Sprint for $199 with a $100 rebate. What do you bet the retail for Alltel is $599 and it is priced higher than $199 with a $100 rebate? Retail price for the Q with Verizon and Sprint is $499, which has to give you some idea what Motorola is really charging carriers for the phone....

3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wow... I have VZW, and under My Account, the Motorola Q is $420, the full retail price. On some third party sites, the phone is sold for $470+

I am irked at the higher retail prices for these phones... Does Alltel actually charge $365 as its retail price for the RAZR V3m:eek:? On VZW, full retail pricing online is $220, the KRZR is $360; in contrast Alltel's FRP for the KRZR is $400?!? Even the Moto Site sells the phone for $340!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Shockwave13

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    Speaking of that if you want to see something even better, and this has nothing to do with AT v.s. Sprint, Verizon, Tmobile.. or anyone else but themselfs. Go out to alltel.com look at the phones.. scroll down to the new Treo 700wx and 700p check out the prices.. you will get a small giggle when you realize they want the same price for the 700p as they do for the 700wx. The 700wx is the Windows 5.0 Treo... correct me if I am wrong but isnt that just dumb to ask the same price for the non Windows 5.0 treo? that being said.. yes Sprint and Verizon both have better deals on that phone.. but I am talking about AT v.s themselfs here.. thats just odd.. yep they really ask 364.99 for the V3m and 399.99 for the K1m i found that odd to.. i forgot to look but i wonder if USCC is asking less full price for the K1m than AT.. The Q will most likely be 399.99 or 349.99 with 100.00 rebate.. just my guess. They will also go for the 599.99 full retail price... if they stay in line with what they normally charge... that being said USCC doesnt even have the Treo.. course they dont have EVDO yet either so.. but they have 1x so thats why they can carry the V3m, K1m, and the L7c.

5. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    If you get time Shockwave you should also look at the nTelos website. I think some of their offerings will blow you away. I'm really not sure how they do it but they have better deals on phones than just about anybody, if only they had decent coverage I would consider them. So I guess they have to have good deals on phones ... but still. I don't think the site asks for a zip but if it does just use 23501.

edit: Just as an example. nTelos has the Q for $100, Krzr for $99, Razr for $30, W315 for $0.99,

6. livspop

livspop Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I don't see any way that the Q will be $399.99 or even $349.00. That's just simply too far out of whack with the market, but I could be wrong. I guess there's a chance they don't want to undercut the Treo 700wx too much. But, if they price it like the Treo, that will be just ludicrous. And, if the price is $349.00, the retail will probably be more like $675.

7. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    They use to have the Kyocera slider, they stopped selling it for some reason about 8 months ago or so....and they will have the SLVR soon. But their phones are a little over priced.

8. Shockwave13

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    Im not sure why they got rid of the KX5, from those I know who had it, the phone worked fine. Maybe they just didnt like having a cool slider phone that actually seemed to work. It is also possible since they havent released anything from Kyocera in a long time, that they maybe getting away from Kyocera totally. The latest Kyocera phones have been going to Verizon and USCC and some smaller carriers. I talked to a guy at one of the local stores who was testing the new LG and he said the SLVR most likely wont be released for AT unless they just have to push another media phone (and they need to) if they do though it will most likely be overpriced.. and if its more than USCC well.. we all know how that goes. Main thing is they need to get off their butt if USCC, Metro PCS, and even MidWest Wireless (Now Alltel) can have a 2.0MP cam phone with 2GB mem.. well so can they right? I think other than the new LG they have nothing of any value really planned to be released anytime soon.. and the LG is a junk phone for sure from what I gather.