Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel native service in Columbus, OH????

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Hatchetman41527, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Hatchetman41527

Hatchetman41527 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo S1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Alltel
    Hi all,

Contemplating another relocaiton possibility. I didn't like Tennessee.. The company has an opening at a terminal in Columbus, OH.

Does Alltel have a footprint in Columbus??

I'd like to switch to national freedom or greater freedom if so, as I'll be running the Columbus Metro and surrounding areas.

Thanks

2. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)
    Alltel does not have native servce in Columbus. You would roam for free on Sprint (preferred) or Verizon. Coverage should not be any problem. Alltel does have native service in Licking County, which borders Franklin County to the east. Once you're a customer, Alltel doesn't seem to care if you move out of their primary service area. They'll let you remain a customer anyway. There is a 50% roaming clause in the customer agreement, but they don't seem to enforce it if you are on Sprint or Verizon. The only downside is that you will not be able to get a Columbus phone number. I'd just switch to National Freedom before moving and tell them to change your billing address afterward.

royc

3. Hatchetman41527

Hatchetman41527 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo S1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Alltel

To be honest with you, I would rather keep my current numbers. That way, the family down here will have a local number to reach me. My main concern is to get off the Total Freedom plan and have National Freedom or Greater Freedom. This way, I get more minutes for the same price.

If I can roam free up there on the National Freedom plan, I'll be just fine then.

thanks

4. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    Greater Freedom wouldn't be very helpful unless you change to an Ohio number. Otherwise, it will base it off your original number's footprint for GF. National Freedom shouldn't be a problem in the Columbus, OH area, though.

5. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    I go there often. Coverage is awesome. There are some bad areas in the country, but there was no GSM service and some cdma service. All & all, service was great.