Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

alltel / midwest wireless help

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by jlt82bone, Mar 14, 2007.

1. jlt82bone

jlt82bone New Member

So can Alltel phones pick up reception on the midwest wireless towers as of now? My contract ends for MWW on April 7th and I don't want to wait all the way until July/Aug for the Midwest wireless stores to become Alltel stores. If so I will just sign up under Alltel and enjoy my E815 phone w/ great reception. Thanks for the help.

2. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (Ironwalt's v3c: MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I may be wrong but i think it will be ok to go ahead and get the alltel e815 and enjoy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)
    WAIT! Don't sign up now with Alltel in MN. The present Alltel stores and customers in MN counties that overlap MWW territory are going to be sold to Unicel. Stay with MWW and you will become an Alltel customer in a few months. If you switch to Alltel, you'll soon become a Unicel customer. It's confusing, the the FCC would not let Alltel keep their old network and buy MWW too. There would be little or no wireless competition in many counties if they were allowed to keep both networks.

royc

4. jlt82bone

jlt82bone New Member

Oh thanks man. Sounds good. I will wait out the storm.

5. jmm56265

jmm56265 New Member

I had purchased service from Alltel online knowing they were going to buy midwestwireless in mind and my bill had always said alltel...Now its From CellularOne...I hate CellularOne...Sucks...I still log into alltel.com to pay my bill.. when i call customer service they say cellular one but at the end of the call they say thanks for choosing alltel...

Since I purchased service from alltel shouldnt i be able to switch back to alltel???? I hope i am able to switch my service back.....

6. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    Cellular One isn't taking over the former Alltel network. Unicel is so don't panic yet. But I do think Cellular One is the brand name that Alltel used in the overlapping markets before buying Midwest so I'll say things aren't looking good.

You wouldn't still happen to be in your 15 day trial period would you?

Just here recently, was the deal actually approved by the Gov't for Unicel to take over the former Alltel network so that Alltel can take over the Midwest network. Not sure how your specific situation might be handled though.

#6 UFO, Apr 12, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  7. jmm56265

jmm56265 New Member

No I have had my phone/plan since august and still have another year on my contract....I switched from midwestwireless thinking everything would be fine.. I just thought because I had signed a contract with Alltel My service would always be through alltel....

I have been emailing alltel cust. service and complaining that i should still have alltel service... they have told me that i need to go to an alltel retail store and have the software in my phone updated or have my phone upgraded...I dont know if this will solve the problem though... Hopefully it works...

Thanks for the info.

8. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    I maybe wrong but if your in one of the markets that AT is having to divest (former Western Wireless) and you used to have Midwest Wireless. But you upgraded your service and got AT so I am assuming you ported your number to them. That would mean that you have service currently with AT as one of the customers in the former WW markets. Those customers have to be divested by AT to RC per the agreement with the Justice Dept in order for the Midwest Wireless sale to go through. Basically current AT customers that are either former WW in that area or who have activated under AT so far will become RC. Current MW customers once everything goes through will become new AT customers. Same thing with the stores, reps, network, and towers.. What was AT will become RC and what was MW will become the new AT stuff. I don't see much of a way around it really, I mean unless someone lets you out of your contract and lets you port you number back to MW. Then if your MW you will be part of AT when the conversion goes through... thats just my thinking on it.. but I could be wrong.. someone correct me if I got this wrong.. :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    I do think Shockwave is right on this. I would definitely try your approach and go to the store and see what they can do. And the first thing to find out is exactly which company you will end up with from somebody who's absolutely sure since the buyout had already been announced when you signed. If it's Unicel, with enough prodding and pushing you might be able to get something done. Just try to get the point across to them that you thought, since you knew of the buyout, that you were suppose to get Alltel service since Alltel bought Midwest. With enough complaints and claims of signing the contract under false pretenses if you are being divested to Unicel, there's a chance that they'll let you out without the ETF.

10. jmm56265

jmm56265 New Member

Thanks for the help.. Hopefully they will let me do that...

I looked up the 2 addresses alltel cust. serv. gave me. one comes back to cellular one and the other is sid's signs not even a retail store...
    They just keep giving me the run around so ill just keep complaining..

Thanks again

11. jmm56265

jmm56265 New Member

Just one more question...

Im pretty sure i am being divested to unicel.. So who should i be complaining to ? ALLtel or Wait for unicel to take over and then complain??

12. Shockwave13

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    I would talk to Alltel since that is the company that you signed with and really are still with as of right now. Just remember since your considered to be one of the (upcoming divested) customers. You can only talk to the special CS dept reps and the AT Stores in those markets. The rest of AT and the MW stores (soon to be AT) cant help you. I think if you talk to AT maybe even a manager at the store and explain to them that you signed with AT because you had MW and thought you would get to keep AT but just go ahead and get a new phone under AT. That you want to port back to MW so you can stay with AT after the divesture.. they might just let you out of the contract... depending on the manager they might ask you to return the phone that go you into the contract.. at the very least they can use it as customer care phone for the next few months until everything goes to RC. Thats the best thing I can come up with on that. Really though if you think about it not to be mean but since AT made it very clear that anyone with AT service in those markets would be divested and then after that anyone currently with MW would become AT. They really didnt hide anything, I think you were just a victim of jumping the gun in the middle of a divesture transfer between to companies. Hopefully AT can help get you back to MW so you can be part of AT after the conversion. I dont know much about RC but I dont think you really want them if you had MW and liked them and like AT and want to keep them.

13. jmm56265

jmm56265 New Member

what do you mean the special CS dept reps??
    Are you saying instead of calling 1800alltel1 i should be talking to the local stores?

14. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    The local Cellular One store manager might be most helpful. But when/if you call Alltel Customer Service, do it on your cell phone so the rep will have all your account info on hand. If you originally bought service from the store, I would go to the store. If you originally did it online or over the phone, I would call.

And as shockwave said, don't lose your temper or be mean because the people you're talking to are just following directions. But it does seem like a reasonable argument that since the buyout, you were under the impression that in order to stay with Midwest/Alltel that you were Suppose to change your service over to Alltel and whoever sold you the service did not correct your logic or inform you otherwise and therefore misrepresented the contract that you agreed to.

Though it is true Alltel didn't try hide anything. It'll be your word against a rep that was trying to make a commission sale ...

15. Shockwave13

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    I believe customers out of that AT market that are currently AT soon to be RC. When you call in you speak with someone who says "CellOne" even though from what I gather that is an Alltel rep. I was just meaning you have to speak to those reps, pretty much the same ones you are getting. My guess would be they have a center or group of reps somewhere that only speak to customers in this AT market that is about to be divested. Now on to the other question like UFO said you got your service with AT through a store or over the phone.. or did you do it online? That's going to be a good question, for if you got it in the store, then you go it from a store that is about to become RC so they might work with you. If you got it over the phone well good luck tracking that rep down, maybe someone in the store or a sup over those reps you speak with on the phone might help you. If you go it online, well there is not much that can be done there, because then you got it online and you did that yourself. Nothing was released saying that MW customers needed to port their number to AT to keep their service. The only thing that was said was that anyone with AT and that was an AT customer in those markets would and must by order of the agreement be divested to RC. Then the current MW customers would become AT customers. Since the deal closed between AT and RC I believe AT's hands have been tied about even offering deals, service, or certain phones in those markets. I think the same thing happened with the WW markets in KS/NE when they got divested to USCC. Anyway at all cost be nice and just explain what's going on to whom ever you speak with. You might get lucky and come across a sup/manager that will work with you.. good luck. :)

16. Dogma

Dogma Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel/Verizon
    To complain and beg yourself out of the contract....GO to your local CellularOne store, as that was the name Alltel in Minnesota was being sold under.

All CellularOne stores will soon be rebranded Unicel, as RCC Wireless now owns those once Alltel/CellularOne & network assets.

17. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

There is a special subset of CS at Alltel that deal with this divestiture. If you call Alltel CS they will forward you to that group.

18. kklessig

kklessig Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel since May, 2006 (Cellular One 10 yrs prior)
    I found this forum quite by accident today and I am wonderfully surprised!!

I just wanted to pop my head in here about the CellOne vs Alltell issue at hand.

I live in Northern Wisconsin, small town, and we basically have Alltel or CellOne to choose from. We used CellOne for many, many years just fine. Then CellOne's rep in the local store kept getting nastier and nastier. My husband switched us to Alltel just because he was tired of dealing with the CellOne rep that was a waste of time.

We are actually quite happy with Alltel now, with the exception of ONE THING....the signal reception is touch-and-go all over the place. With CellOne, reception was a bit more even. What irks my husband is that we live very close to a cell tower and with CellOne, we rec'd GREAT cell reception at home. Upon switching to Alltel, we have ZERO reception at home. Alltel obviously doesn't rent that particular tower!

We do have unlimited long distance and used to make lots and lots of phone calls from home in the evenings via cell. No more!!

Do you guys have any top-secret tricks for me? :loony:

I read with interest the long thread about fast dwindling battery power. That makes 100% sense to me. I never could figure out why my Alltel phone is always dead! I really don't use mine all that much, but when I do, it's always battery dead. I must be going thru that same tower-to-tower thing with my phone. :confused:

If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears!!

....oh.....we have Motorola V262 phones.....

Thanks!!