Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

alltel help

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by artmatz, Mar 8, 2007.

1. artmatz

artmatz New Member

I have an Alltel prepaid phone, motorola W315. I want to upgrade or flash the software to use it on regular alltel, not prepaid.. Anyone know how to do this?

Art admatz@yahoo.com

2. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)
    If it is actually an Alltel branded phone (not Simple Freedom) you don't have to do anything except call customer service to have it set up on a regular, postpaid plan. The phones are identical between prepaid and postpaid plans.

The phone will likely have to be reprogrammed with a new phone number, since prepaid numbers can't usually be ported over to postpaid plans. The customer service rep can talk you through how to do that.

royc

3. cet710

cet710 New Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 7130e
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel

Am I right when I say that if it is a "simple freedom" phone that it cant be out on a post paid account? I know that the trac phone was that way, & some of the pp phones that Cingular use to carry.

4. artmatz

artmatz New Member

actually, it is a simple freedom phone..........................

5. artmatz

artmatz New Member

IT IS A SIMPLE FREEDOM PHONE

6. cet710

cet710 New Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 7130e
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I dont think that a Simple Freedom phone can be transferred to post paid. I may be wrong but I think that you have to get a new handset. That is the way that it is with most pp.

7. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    It can be done, you just have to have the unlock code. Apparently Alltel employees can no longer give them out and Simple Freedom Customer Service won't. I've seen it posted online before but I haven't a clue where that was.

If you just like the W315 though, if it's ordered online it's $9.99 which is a lot better than most retail stores carry it for new.

8. DonVito

DonVito New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    if you wanna start a contract plan then just get a free phone that they offer when u start a new plan. i had the prepaid for a while its not to bad of a service just didn't get many other features. im sure u can find a nice phone for a cheap or at least reasonable price :p