Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel/ex-PSC 310-500 GSM in GA/AL is gone

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by roamer1, Oct 2, 2006.

1. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Palm Treo 680
    Wireless Provider(s):
    lots of orange, a little Little Rock blue
    ...only to be replaced with 310-590 aka ROAMING. :D

Seen in Newnan last night:

[​IMG]

(T-Mobile can't roam onto Alltel, at least in Newnan, hence the SOS message)

In other words, Alltel has NOT turned down GSM in the former PSC area, and apparently has no plans to do so (why else would they change to the "ROAMING" MNC?); it looks like they're going to maintain a roamer network, just as I suspected. Hopefully they use it as a base to expand GSM roamer coverage to other areas of GA and AL...some areas, particularly southwest GA south and west of Albany, desperately need it.

-SC

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That's weird... I can roam on Alltel's 310-590 network here in Kansas and I'm with T-Mobile... and Alltel. I'm pink and blue, just like you, Roamer1. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Nokia6010/1.0 (8.62) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

I looked at the cingular maps in the PSC area... And they still roam on alltel in areas where cingular and t-mobile don't exist. I'm in NW Florida and all I have 2 do is go 2 Bainbridge, GA and i get no GSM... Someone needs 2 build... I didn't know that there are still areas that have 1 technology only.