Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

alltel domain

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by youngsunnz, Mar 12, 2007.

1. youngsunnz

youngsunnz New Member

i have a palm treo wx and am trying to set up the email account stuff. i need to know the domain to set up the account if someone knows please help me out thank you

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    To send an e-mail or text to a phone you would use MDN@message.alltel.com but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. youngsunnz

youngsunnz New Member

what is MDN@message.alltel.com because i was told i cant picture text from the treowx is that a hack of some sort

4. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No, MDN stands for mobile directory number and it's your phone number. So, if your phone number is 806/241-1234 then if someone is using an e-mail program, they can send a message to your phone by sending an e-mail to 8062411234@message.alltel.com and you will get that as a text on your phone... or are you trying to set up a POP3 e-mail account? AFAIK, the Palm devices can send and receive SMS.

Go to Alltel.com's Step-by-step and select your device, that should give you more specific information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. youngsunnz

youngsunnz New Member

can u help me set up an sms account for the treo please

6. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    It sort of depends on the features, plan, data package you have on your account but most of the info you need should be in the step-by-step guide. If you're unable to do it using the info there, you'll have to call Alltel tech support. They're the experts at this sort of thing.