Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel coverage south of Louisville to TN Border

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by budone, Jan 8, 2006.

1. budone

budone Junior Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I have travelled a few times south through Louisville to Nashville. Looking at the National Freedon Map it shows there is extended free roaming down I-65. (At least based on the turns the maps follows to Nashvllle thru KY I assume it is I-65.)

The first time down I noticed I had a solid roaming icon, meaning if you use the phone it is going to cost ya. When I returned to my home market (MI) I learned about *228 thinking maybe the phones roaming was not up to date, which I now religously do monthly.

It has been over a year and the map still shows coverage, but my phone does not.

I did call Alltel but they just said there is coverage down through KY but maybe it does not follow I-65. (What else would it follow??) :confused:

Has anyone else ever driven this stretch of road and been able to have extended free roaming coverage from south of Elizabethtown to the TN border???

Thanks

Totally off topic I see Alltel no longer offers the Total Freedom Plan. It was a pricy plan for zero roaming charges.

2. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    It is still offered, just not advertised.

3. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)

Good news! Alltel's PRL1205 has finally made Sprint's Louisville SID 4148 flashing roam. Sprint uses SID 4148 through most of KY. Why the PRL and maps did not agree for so long? I don't know...

Also PRL1205 added Sprint coverage in several large areas: New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, & Spokane. Verizon and USCC have higher priority than Sprint in the PRL, so you'll only get Sprint occasionally in these areas.

For a full interpretation of PRL1205, see:

http://mallard.rainyday.mb.ca/~dialtone/alltel/at_01205.htm

royc