Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel Contract

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by slapjac, Nov 10, 2005.

1. slapjac

slapjac New Member

At the time of purchase of our phone, we notified the representative that I go to school in Daytona Beach and asked what would happen in case of a problem. The agent assured us that a loaner phone would be mailed to me promptly anywhere in the country if there was a problem and I could return it by mail. I have had multiple problems since signing the contract. My phone has been disconnected three times by their employees and never for non-payment. My mobile web was deactivated once for 4 days even though I continued to pay for the service. In July there was a problem with the phone that was covered by the manufacturers warranty and was also covered under optional insurance which we purchased. I called Technical Support, Sales, Technical Support, Customer Service twice, Technical Support again who transfered me to Sales who was then closed. I waited a day without a phone and called 3 different Alltel stores on a friends mobile. All refused to send even a loaner phone without visiting a store which in my case is over 100 miles each direction. I spent over 4 hours in travel time at my expense to reach the Alltel store and recieved a loaner. 3 weeks later my phone arrived after repair and I returned the loaner by mail. I did write an e-mail to them in July through their website and a response was never recieved Recently the antenna detached from my mobile and again was in need of repair. The damage was my fault and am willing to pay the $95 fee to replace it. AFter calling technical support twice, they again refused to mail me a replacement phone even if held by my credit card or charged to my bill. My mom, who is a resident of the UK, had to call Alltel from England and finally spoke to a representive who agreed to mail the phone and the problem seemed to be taken care of. Two hours later when I returned from class, my phone was disconnected. I again called technical support and was put on hold for 15 minutes and then the server or switch misrouted my call and hung up on me. This happened again the second time. The third call finally reached a representative after waiting on hold from a different mobile for an additional 20 minutes. The Technical Support representative was very courteous and did a great job. I requested to be transfered to a Customer Service supervisor and he did so. I explained to the Customer Service Supervisor that I was extremely unhappy with the constant phone tag, the promises made at the time of signing the contract, having to drive 200 miles for a loaner phone, being hung up on. I requested to end my contract without the cancellation fee. She did apologize but their response was "It is not our fault that you don't live in an Alltel service area," and "You have to go to a store, that is the only way." She wouldn't even give us a service credit. She has record of the employee who did make the sale to us and we have the contract number.

We are requesting to end our contract without cancellation fee for broken promises, conflicting agents, hours and hours of phone tag, and repeating technical difficulties at their fault. We have spent a considerable amount of time and many expenses dealing with these issues. I have requested multiple times to rectify these problems and while a solution has been reached somtimes, the problems still persist. I understand that not every service is perfect. I am a 5th year senior studying Aerospace Engineering and do understand that problems do happen, but not on this many times and not with this terrible service. The agreement at the signing of this contract has been broken by promising to mail replacement phones promptly anywhere in the country and was witnessed. My phone has been disconnected on accident by Alltel 3 times in 9 months and wireless services once. I have made many requests to rectify the situation and they have not done so nor even responded.

I wrote a letter to the BBB but Alltel mailed a response which said they would not consider it. What options do I have?

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Essentially, the only real option you have is to cancel service and pay the early termination fee or ride out the remainder of your contract and then change to another provider. Unfortunatly, poor customer service and promises made by the sales rep at the time of purchase aren't listed in the contract terms and conditions. Alltel only has to abide by the terms and conditions on your contract, which is designed only to protect them, not you. You can read Alltel's terms and conditions by clicking here but they haven't done anything illegal. Unfortunatly, dealers and sales reps are shady sometimes because they work on comission... that does weird things to people.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    Your Alltel phone, purchased in Jacksonville or west Florida, has been roaming on Verizon all along. That's why it's so far to an Alltel store. Roaming is okay for weeks, maybe not semesters.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Sounds like it is time to port out.

Many companies are eliminating loaner phone programs alltogether, something to consider is that wireless carriers are not equipment manufacturers, they buy the phones just like you, and it's an expensive proposition to have a loaner phone on standby for everyone who needs one.

If you have the equipment insurance, file a claim and pay your deductable to get a replacement that's what it's there for.

You may want to go with a company that will have retail locations both at home and at school.