Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel Axcess Web Question

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by bschoen, Mar 22, 2007.

1. bschoen

bschoen New Member

Hi. I have a few questions about alltel axcess web. I was messing around with my motorola v3m and ran across it. It appears that it is $1.49 for a day or $5.99 a month.

First off, can I actually access websites on the internet over my phone? It seems the screen would be too small to do anything. I would mainly want it to check my yahoo e-mail and to check on my ebay listings...is it possible to use the axcess web with ebay and yahoo mail? Has anyone done it?

Second, I assume it uses my anytime minutes but if I use it at night and on the weekends does it use my night/weekend minutes or does it use my anytime minutes then also? Is it using minutes the whole time you are on there or only when it is uploading/downloading info.

Third, is it worth it to get it?

Thanks!

2. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    I can pretty much answer all your questions on that one.

1: It cannot access all websites, only certain websites that are codes for cell phones, and nope that doesnt include java.

2: Yes it can access Yahoo Mail and actually has a yahoo link on the main page portal for Axcess Web. You can also check out stuff on eBay in a limited fashion though its good enough to do what your wanting. I can also get on MySpace and check my messages though it wont let you respond to them sadly. You can access many sections of yahoo, including pics, games, IM, and some other fun portions.

3: Yes it uses airtime, now it depends on when you use it. If you use it during anytime hours during the week its using anytime mins. If you use it on Nights or Weekends then its only using the N/W mins. It does use airtime the full time you are online so from start to end. You can get around this if you want to use it a lot by adding a 10.00 Access Feature that will keep Web/Axcess Apps/Games/Pics and Vids from using airtime.

4: Is it worth it? that's up to you, how much do you use it. At the very least try it out for a bit, 5.99 isnt bad for a one month trial.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    Additionally, a one month trial is free. Alltel will give you a $5.99 credit for the first month.

4. gruss

gruss Member

My Phone:
    V3M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Depending on your phone there are specific ebay apps availble as well.

5. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)
    For web sites that don't offer native WAP, Google has a web page converter that changes any standard HTML page to WAP. From your mobile phone go to:

http://www.google.com/gwt/n

You'll be prompted to enter the URL of the web page you want to visit. Complex sites that would otherwise cause your phone to choke and reboot will work OK with the Google HTML to WAP converter.

royc

6. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    It's worth it for me. But it depends on you. Certain phones may be too small to make it worth it. But most have big enough screens and what not. You can check yahoo, gmail, google, msn, espn, fox sports, there are a lot. It just depends on whether or not that website made a WAP version of their site. For instance this forum has a wap version. You can use it to check and read mail fairly well, only knock is trying to compose a message. You definitely have to hone your texting skills.....:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (Ironwalt's v3c: MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I enjoy the web and I'm using the same size phone as you. But like outhers have said I would try it for a month to see if works for you.

8. mezzedup

mezzedup New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless, Alltel
    I have the Motorola E815 and am on Alltel. I was wondering how you get the one day pass for the axcess web. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I know how to get the $5.99 option by accessing "my account" on the internet, but I wanted to try out axcess web before I purchased this option. Also, if I start this option a week before my billing cycle ends, will I be charged the full $5.99? Thanks in Advance.

9. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (Ironwalt's v3c: MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Im not sure on the 1 day pass. It is pro rated. If you call alltel they will give you a free month to try it.

10. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless

Supposedly, the day pass is accessible from the phone. I have web on my phone so I have never seen it. If you go to Axcess Web on the phone, there should be an option to purchase the day pass, it's either $1.49 or $1.99 and is good for 24 hours, however, airtime is still applied when using it, so may want to get it on a weekend to save the daytime minutes.:cool:

11. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

No, you MIGHT be able to get a free month. Don't count on it being applied!

12. music4praise

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    Then call customer service and ask for the credit. First tier CS reps can do $5.99 credits for good reason without needing to get manager approval.

13. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Yes, we can do a credit at that amount without supervisal approval. However, EVERY adjustment we do is tracked whether it requires approval or not. If we go throwing around credits like this, it will quickly be noticed and we will be quickly talked to and told to quickly STOP. We can offer it when the system prompts us to, which is quite often, but not always. If you call and ask me for a free month, and you aren't eligible to get it via the billing system, it's not very likely you'll get it.

14. music4praise

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    I think it is clear from the original post that the customer had never had Mobile Web before. According the Alltel's website the first month is free. Therefore if the billing system goofs up, the customer should call customer service and ask for the credit. This is not a question of asking the CS rep to throw around credits but rather an effort to make sure the company fulfills advertising promises.

15. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    When I started with the web I was giving a month free and did not have to call for a credit. It was just on my bill.

16. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Precisely. The CSR didn't put it in; when you sign up for it V2 will indicate whether or not the customer is eligible for the one month free credit. Usually it lets you know they ARE eligible, but I speak from experience here: not every customer receives it. About 25 percent of the customers I do don't get the prompt.