Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel and Let's Talk

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by GiGi1977, Jul 8, 2008.

1. GiGi1977

GiGi1977 New Member

My Phone:
    LG Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel (NEW!)
    I'm currently an at&t customer (original Cingular orange) and I'm looking to switch to Alltel. I was noticing that their activation was FREE last night and then today it's $25 per line. I called them and the Rep. told me that their online site is managed by a 3rd party called Let's Talk! She could match the prices of the phone she said, so I decided to directly go to Let's Talk's site and noticed the phone (Scoop) is free and you make $50 back from their rebate. I'd like to know if there's anything I need to know about Let's Talk (hidden charges - like a huge ETF or anything else!?)
    Thanks for any feedback you can give me! I've just always went straight to a corp. store or online.

2. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung S20 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Mint Mobile
    Read the terms of the rebate VERY carefully.
    You usually have to submit between an exact set of dates and wait a long time for your money. You get nothing if you don't follow the rebate instructions exactly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GiGi1977

GiGi1977 New Member

My Phone:
    LG Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel (NEW!)
    We went ahead and signed up on Alltel's site. I just finished printing off the rebate form and it states:
    Rebate forms must be postmarked within 60 days of purchase
    2 year contract required for valid rebate
    Handset cannot be returned once rebate form has been submitted
    Separate forms must be completed and mailed in separate envelopes for each
    Your rebate will be rewarded on an Alltel Prepaid Card
    Allow 10-12 weeks for rebate processing
    Please direct any rebate related questions to 877-888-4020
    Check your rebate status online at alltelrebatecenter.com

To receive your Alltel rebate:
    1. Complete rebate form. Provide wireless phone number associated with 24-month service agreement.
    2. Cut out and submit the entire proof of purchase label from the side of the device box. (No photocopies accepted)
    3. Provide a copy of your purchase receipt or packing slip
    4. Provide a copy of the first page of your most recent wireless service bill
    5. Make copies of all documents listed above for your records. Any disputed claims will require photocopies for resolution.

LOTS OF HOOPS TO JUMP THROUGH! :eek:
    Thanks!

4. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yep. That's the deal with rebates. They're hoping not everyone will bother to jump through the hoops or that people won't jump through them correctly and then they don't have to pay.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bandit390

bandit390 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Also if you have a problem with the phone in the first 30 days or want to return it/get another. You won't be going into the store or calling Alltel. You will have to deal with lets talk.

6. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

You only need your sales receipt, the box top, the first page of your bill, and the rebate form properly filled out, then put it in an envelope and mail it to Fort Worth.

7. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Also remember that the rebates aren't coming from Alltel but the MANUFACTURER. They are the one who decide everything that must be submitted for a rebate request.

8. mlbaker1973

mlbaker1973 New Member

We got our phones thru them 2 weeks ago. They dont tell u that if you go over 90 minutes or 30 days whch ever comes first they will not take the phone back. My son got a lg scoop. It locked up on him and since he was over 90 minutes (he was at 220 min) they would not take the phone back. Any you have to pay for the shipping to return their phones that dont work and wait on them to mail the phone back. We ended up dropping 2 our lines with them and just went to a walmart store and got the phone alot better that way