Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel analog

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by ldanielb, Jun 19, 2008.

1. ldanielb

ldanielb New Member

My Phone:
    LG AX355
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I read online recently that Alltel's analog network in Florida had been shut down in March. I was playing with my phone today however, and I got a very good analog signal, and even made a few calls off of it. I live in northwestern Holmes county, close to the Alabama border. I thought it could have been from Geneva, AL since the Alabama analog network is still supposed to be up. However, I have my cell phone registered in Geneva and that is my home cell area, and the analog signal I was receiving said that I was roaming. Are there parts of the analog network still up here in Florida? Are there going to be parts of the Analog network left up in Alabama as well?

2. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    When you signed on to WA you didn't indicate where you are so no one knows where you're reporting this.

3. cheddar

cheddar Senior Member

There may be a few places out in the sticks where there will be analog. Overall, though, analog is going away and fewer and fewer phones are supporting it. I think in many areas it will be more a matter of when the techs get around to ripping it out.

4. ldanielb

ldanielb New Member

My Phone:
    LG AX355
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Sorry, I live near Westville, FL. I updated my user profile.