Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

ALLTEL adding 100 call center jobs in Tampa

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by ComicalMoodyDan, Mar 21, 2002.

1. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For additional information contact:

Karen Hern 704-849-1979
    Communications Manager
    karen.hern@alltel.com

Andrew Moreau 501-905-7962
    Director - Corporate Communications
    andrew.moreau@alltel.com

Release date: March 20, 2002

TAMPA, Fla. - ALLTEL is adding 100 new jobs in the Tampa area. Most of the new positions, which will be filled by June 7, are customer service representatives at the company's call center in Net Park.

The ALLTEL call center employment level will exceed 400 after the positions are filled.

"This expansion is a result of continuing efforts to improve our customer service," said Harry Bruns, ALLTEL's market area president. "By creating larger customer-service teams in centralized areas, we can operate more effectively and at lower overall costs. In addition, ALLTEL has integrated new technology in our call centers that enables us to answer customer calls quicker and more efficiently across our entire system."

ALLTEL will host a job fair on March 23 at the Net Park facility. Interested candidates can also go to www.alltel.com for information and to complete online applications.

ALLTEL, with more than 10 million communications customers and $7.6 billion in annual revenues, is a leader in the communications and information services industries. Alltel has communications customers in 24 states and information services to telecommunications, financial and mortgage clients in more than 50 countries.

ALLTEL, NYSE: AT
    www.alltel.com

2. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

Guess not to many ALLTEL customers hmmmph!!

3. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Actually Apoc, after there buyout of CenturyTel's wireless operations they will now have 7.4 million customers making it I believe the 6th largest Wireless company in the United States. That in addition to there adding of 100 new jobs and the $51 million they plan on spending in service upgrades to the Tampa Bay area of Florida in the next 2 years. They may not be one of the big national guys, but they are certainly not a small company either.

4. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

Really I never knew were Alltel sat in the rankings not that it really matters but you know, I have only heard of these guys in the East and some Midwest. I know VZW bought a portion of some of the company after the big merger deal but besides the point. You think they will add more than 100 jobs you would think?? All-I can Tel is that sounds like a really good company *cing *cing my 2cents is in the pot now. =P

5. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    See my earlier article about there buyout of a wireless company that is going to increase there customer base and service areas. It still should be on here, and is in the Southern US forum too. A map of there coverage, and the coverage they will have once the buyout with CenturyTel Wireless is complete can be found here

By the way, yes they are a pretty good company my grandmother has them and I use to use her phone a lot before I got my own. Overall good customer service, rate plans, and coverage.

6. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Tdan,

Alltel is a good company. I personally have them and have been happy with them.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...