Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Alltel 6700 Rom Upgrade

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by GREGHARKINS, Apr 29, 2006.

1. GREGHARKINS

GREGHARKINS New Member

Here is the email i got from Alltel today regarding the 6700 ROM upgrade

Question: When will the new ROM for the audiovox/utstarcom 6700 be released? Several of the other carriers have released this update and Alltel still hasnt.... any ETA??

Answer: Unfortunately at this time we do not have an ETA on the software for this equipment, we are in the process of acquiring this software it has just not been communicated the length of time that it will take to get it. Please continue to check the Alltel.com website for this software to become available.

We apologize if we have caused any inconvenience.

Thank You,
    Alltel Communciactions

2. GREGHARKINS

GREGHARKINS New Member

Well here is some good news..

I just got and email from the data tech that help solve the "trash sms" we all (alltel users) had for about 1 month. It got fixed today, but anyway he says the ROM update is due out next week. I have to seem to believe that because he was on top of the SMS issue and just had to wait for Microsoft and the SMS vendor to get together to get the trash issue fixed. He was very up front and right on when it came to dates, ETAs and more. So I would almost bet on this update next week. NO HE DIDNT GIVE A DAY, just next week.