Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

All sorts of problems! Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by SadlyMisstaken, Jun 20, 2007.

1. SadlyMisstaken

SadlyMisstaken New Member

I am going to try to make this loooong story as short as possible:

I had cricket. I switched to sprint because I hated the customer service of cricket. Everything was fine. I kept going over on my minutes. I got tired of having $150 phone bills. So I just switched back to cricket. Here's where the problems come in:

I owe $120 from one month, and $140 from the next month, as well as the cancellation fee for ending my 2-year contract (how much is that going to be, btw, if anyone knows??) Do I have to pay this ALL in ONE bill? Because if I do... eh, I can't. That's like $500 extra I don't have. :eek:

Furthermore, do I have to return my cell phone to sprint if I got it "free with 2-year contract"? Or do I keep it and that is what the cancellation fee is for??

AAAAND one more problem: When I switched to sprint from cricket I ported my number to my new phone just fine. Now when trying to switch back to cricket, it's been 2 days and it's still not ported. I've tried to talk to the sprint AND cricket people on the phone and was on hold for 35 minutes with BOTH of them and no one ever answered. WHAT DO I DO!?! :confused:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read allll that info....

2. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    To make this short, Yes there will be an ETF with your last 2 bills of $200.00 I believe and yes you have to pay it in full.

Why didn't you just up your monthly minute plan with Sprint? it probobly would have been a lot cheaper then going over each month & paying these big bills, and would have saved you these problems.

As for the port out, can't answer that but I would suggest staying with Sprint & stopping the port out, it will be cheaper in the end.

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i would suggest staying with Sprint too.......but is there any way to come back and waive that ETF......or is it too late?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS - happily holding crystal clear calls!
    I agree with Fire14. Stay with Sprint it will be cheaper in the end.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I don't understand why you have $150 phone bills... clearly you are not on the right plan or you are spending way to much on extras like ringtones, etc.

It will be cheaper to stay with sprint, call CS and have them get you on the right plan. I don't see any other reason why your bill would be that high.

6. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    I also agree in that you should not have a phone bill for $150 dollars. There's really no reason to continuously go over minutes that much month-after-month. If you're going to carry a cell phone, you should either take-on the responsibility to monitor your usage and not go over your minutes, or put yourself on a minute plan that covers all of your calling.

It sounds like you either need a plan with more minutes, or an unlimited plan. If your location is correct as Omaha, Cricket does have several unlimited plans. Alltel has My Circle with unlimited calling to any 10 numbers which can be changed daily. USCC has free incoming. If you're unhappy with Cricket's customer service and don't like the cost of plans with Sprint, a switch to a carrier with better plans for people that use a lot of minutes like Alltel's My Circle might better suit your financial concerns in the long-term.

However, the Sprint Early Termination Fee is $200 per line. If you've already instructed Cricket to port your number out, there may be no way to prevent that fee unless you can convince Cricket to cancel the port and Sprint to take the number back. This fee covers the cost of the subsidized phone that you got with your Sprint service. Sprint sold you the phone for less than the actual cost, and for that reason you agreed to the 2 yr contract with the $200 ETF clause if you cancelled before the end of the contract. Most people that cancel, are able to sell the phone on eBay to recover most, if not the entire cost of the early termination fee. Also, if you charge your last Sprint bill to a credit card, you can make payments on it for several months while you are selling your phone and taking in an income. If you save $50/month by switching from Sprint, that makes up the cost of the ETF in only 4 months. So sticking it out with Sprint may not be the best option for your situation if you consider every possible option which I hopefully gave you a few possible ideas.