Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

CENTRAL U.S. -- Aircard & Fraudulent Voice Charges

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by AndiLou1970, Jan 5, 2010.

1. AndiLou1970

AndiLou1970 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, Sprint PCS
    Hi All,

I am a telecom audit analyst who cares for about 500 wireless devices and something has happened that I have never had happen before so please excuse my ignorance on the matter - but... on my most recent Sprint PCS invoice, I have an aircard what was charged $16,000 worth of voice calls from Miami, FL to Jamaica.

I work for a company which is located only in Texas (we're not nationally based). Granted, the user of the card could have been in Miami but was not. She has also had the device in her possession.

My question is, how can this be possible? Could Sprint have made a mistake on the billing or could more sinister events have happened? Is it possible to "steal" a phone number?

My rep at Sprint and her superiors are researching this on their end but I am curious as to what I can do to investigate here. I'm not a "devious" minded person so am not thinking like a "techie-criminal."

Furthermore, as I look at the invoice details, it appears the "person" using the number is on the phone 24/7 with calls ranging from 1 to 45 minutes (mostly 1 minute) with no real breaks in time.

Any help is appreciated. I'm not paying this part of the invoice (obviously) until the investigation is over.

Thanks,
    Andi :confused:

2. diver236

diver236 New Member

You're not the only one this has happened to. There are some threads on sprintusers.com as well as howardforums discussing the same issue. It appears the sprint database may have been compromised and people are cloning phones. It's been going on for awhile and Sprint is well aware of it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wow. I didn't know that this could happen. My best friend had the same problem as well. She thought that it originated from a phone that was ordered but not received. She was billed last month $281 in overages, $75 in data fees, several 411 calls, and those dingy $10/month SMS services. She called CS and they essentially told her to pound sand... even when the billing showed that she was talking AND using data on the affected phone AT THE SAME TIME. The cloner must have been in metro Atlanta since all calls originated in ATL and most of the calls were to Atlanta area phones.

So she did pound sand... over to Verizon. Sprint has since credited her account but my friend is not coming back.

How is it the system cannot recognize one phone number being active on multiple devices:headscrat

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. diver236

diver236 New Member