Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

After Reset, Lock Code for Sanyo RL-4920?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by ooglek, Oct 18, 2006.

1. ooglek

ooglek New Member

I got a Sanyo RL-4920 off eBay, and not surprisingly everything the old user put on the phone was still there. I could have called and told them, but decided I am a responsible citizen and hit ##786# and did a Master Reset.

I have the MSN or MSC or whatever that 6 digit code is, so I can reprogram and reset my phone all day long. The problem is now that it is reset, I have no idea what the default "Lock Code" is so I can modify some settings on the phone. I originally wanted to just clear the Phone Number directory, but didn't have the original lock code, which Sprint sets to the last 4 of your SSN. I probably wasn't gonna get that from Sprint.

So, anyone know what my Lock Code is after a Master Reset?

2. ooglek

ooglek New Member

Don't you love it when your 2nd post is the answer to your first?

It seems the phone resets to the last 4 digits of the programmed phone number until you change it manually. After the reset the phone # was 0000007655, then I changed it to xxx-xxx-yyyy and the passcode was yyyy. I guess I better change it again to protect meself!

A second followup question. The manual states:

Anyone ever tried this? And if so, is the Unlock code that 6 digit MDN or MSN code that sprint tells you if you say you are switching ESNs?

3. Darkflight

Darkflight New Member

My Phone:
    All of them
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint Nextel
    The Phone lock feature is a great thing for Sanyos if they get misplaced. Very useful tool. Have only had to use it once, and hopefully never need to again. And no its not related to the 6 digit MSL

4. ooglek

ooglek New Member

Does anyone know what the unlock code is then? I assume it is some number only Sprint has, and hopefully is based on the ESN rather than anything else. I'm just curious -- I want to test the feature, but am unwilling to have my phone be useless until I visit a Sprint Store. Can customer care do it over the phone?