Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Advice needed on possible change to T-Mobile or AT&T

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by bartelsse, Sep 23, 2008.

1. bartelsse

bartelsse Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Over the past 3 months or so I have been considering changing phone carriers from Sprint to T-Mobile or AT&T due to the fact they have a far better selection of phones and service. Over the past week my interest into T-Mobile has grown to say the least due to the fact of the introduction of the T-Mobile G1 & the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220. The two above mentioned phones are not the only phones that have caught my attention a list of the phones on my mind are the BlackBerry 9000 Bold, HTC Touch Pro, Nokia E71, & the Palm Treo Pro to name a few. I do not know much about any of the phones I have mentioned besides all but one have not come out in the USA yet.

2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Re: Advice needed

There is a lot of information on the G1 on the internet since it was just unveiled today.. But of course no one has used it yet. The BB Pearl 8220 is ther first flip BB - the software and all are reliably BlackBerry - so you know that is good. I guess that decision is whether ot not you prefer a flip phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bartelsse

bartelsse Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

True since the G1 was introduced this morning there has been a lot of info on the internet. I see you have a blackberry how is the OS I have never played with a blackberry. I did play with windows mobile for a month earlier this year so I do have first hand experience with the windows OS.

4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid

The BlackBerry OS is nothing fancy or flashy, but it just works. Extremely solid and very stable.

5. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Right. Ths OS just works, and does so well. I am axiously awaiting the upgrade to OS v4.5 so I get HTML email, and a better browser from BB. Of course, I can also use the Opera Mini browser. But I would like the HTML email for my work email. I use the Gmail app to read that mail. Plus, the BB are aqlways being upgraded, whereas the Treos haven't had big upgrads in a while (isn't the OS a number of years old?), although there are a couple of new products coming out such as the Pro. The Centro isn't anything special, IMO.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...