Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Adventures in selecting a new plan...

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Jay2TheRescue, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    So, I FINALLY ditched my grandfathered plans. This is what I had:

$49.99 Family Talk 450 Anytime mins with Rollover
    $ 9.99 Add a Line
    $24.99 Unlimited LTE Data on my line
    $29.99 3GB LTE Data on Dad's line
    $30.00 Family Talk unlimited messaging

Mom had a flip phone and didn't use any data.

So, my mom caved in to my nieces which convinced her that she needed an iPhone. Dad bought mom an iPhone 6 from an AT&T store, and had them activate it. He told them to put it on the same plan he was on.

So, the next morning I wake up to an email from AT&T. Mom has used 225 MB of her 300 MB allotment. If she goes over 300 MB they'll just charge us $20 for another 300 MB! So I called Dad. He explained that he bought Mom a new phone the day before, and she was supposed to be on the same type of data plan he was on. Well, no. She wasn't. $20 for 300 MB is outrageously expensive.

So I looked at our actual usage of data. Dad and I had been using 4 to 8 GB/mo collectively. I signed us up for an $80 plan that included unlimited talk and text, and 10 GB of data to share between the 3 lines, and voice/data/messaging with no roaming in US/Canada/Mexico/Puerto Rico/US VI. Each line is $20, so that is putting us about $50 under what we would have been paying. I am disappointed that my discount only applies to the $80, so my discount isn't worth as much, but I'm still paying less.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    palandri and charlyee like this.