Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Adding a Verizon phone to Alltel plan (yes, I read the stickies)

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Takigan, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Takigan

Takigan New Member

Ok, for starters I read the stickies and searched the forums and I think I might know the answer to this already, but hear me out for a bit.

I live in the Houston area and currently am on an AT&T plan with an expired contract (I'm free). My Father currently lives in Southern Minnesota and is a part of the sect of Alltel's network recently acquired by Verizon. I am ditching AT&T and am in the market for a Verizon phone with the intent of utilizing Verizon's network (if I am correct, Alltel's network has no backbone in the Houston area which is why I'm looking at a Verizon phone). The purpose is to have both of our phones on the same account. Would it be possible for my father to add my Verizon phone to his Alltel account?

So in essence, his plan would contain his Alltel phone utilizing Alltel's network and my Verizon phone utilizing Verizon's network. I imagine it wouldn't be possible if he's still under Alltel's billing system, but if he's been integrated into Verizon's billing system it should be possible right?

Thanks in advance.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Having both phones on the same account (Family Share Plan) isn't available just yet. It remains to be seen how Verizon is going to handle the phone part of the integration. You can get Verizon service as you intended, but your father would either have to convert to Verizon (pre-integration) or wait for Verizon's official integration for the both of you to be on the same account.

Unfortunately no new details have emerged as to how Verizon's going to merge phones, plans, etc. It may be late this year before the merger is supposed to be complete (even this is a best guess).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...