Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Accounts screwed up

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Airb330, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I get back from Europe to a mess of accounts. My phone service works fine, but my bill is 2x the normal price. I was prorated service for most of July...like I am some new account. So, thus, I will pay for July's service twice. I can't look at any of my old bills...they are all gone. If this is the new billing system, it absolutely sucks. So, I have no proof basically, that I already paid this month. My aircard number simply does not exist. It was tied to my voice account. That is no longer the case. It still works, but only on Verizon 1x. It doesn't authenticate on Sprint. And to top it off, EVERYTIME I call CS, the hold times are at least 20-25 minutes. I don't feel like waiting that long to get someone who will just screw the account up more. This is completely ridiculous.

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Why aren't you calling the customer service number with no wait time that was posted here a few weeks back?

3. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Sounds like another Premier to Ensemble transfer gone mad....

4. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Trying to get to the datacard people first. They know their stuff. I called the 800# with no wait time and got a rude british person who wouldn't transfer me. He got an attitude about calling the number, to which I said, I dialed *2 lol. So I just gave up on him.

5. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    LOL you and a couple of others on here seem to have the worst luck. ;)

6. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    One of the reps I spoke with the other day insinuated the long ___ hold times were because of billing screw ups because of going to the new billing platform.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    My bill still looks fine. :D

8. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I haven't came across anything yet thus far but, I changed plans in the middle of this cycle. I also added TEP. Lets just hope things go okay. LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    That is interesting that you mention that about the attitude. When I dialed an 800 number that was posted for Sprint- a number with no wait time, I was also given an attitude by the rep, asking why I just called that number and that I should just call *2.

10. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I have tried calling those no wait time numbers and it does not help lol.

11. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Man- I'm so glad I dont need CS as much as some of you guys.....You guys must call atleast 3-4 times a day is it that addictive, kinda like crack.

12. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Those 800 numbers are useless. Every rep I get will just transfer me and then I'll have to wait anyway. I've been on hold for the data people for 40 mins now. I am really starting to get agitated. I just want to tell them EVDO is down on my tower. And they better transfer me to someone who can handle my bill with no wait.

Lenny, I don't appreciate your comments. I have hardly ever had to call CS. My bill got screwed, EVDO is down, and my datacard # is not found in their database. So, that is all Sprint's fault. I am tired of your constant insinuations about people and Sprint.

13. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Oh I am ANGRY. They said, EVDO isn't on the tower anymore. WTF? I want out of my aircard contract. He said there was 0% evdo success rate. So doesn't that indicate a problem, wtf?

They refuse to compensate me.

They say it's probably permanent.

I can't get out of my contract.

They cannot transfer me to billing without me waiting AGAIN.

I can honestly say Sprint has the worst CS in history. I am going to perma roam and cost Sprint a crapload of money. Maybe I can get out of one contract for free. This is completely insane. One hour on the phone for nothing.

14. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Airb, sorry you're having so much trouble but customer service really can't do anything about EV-DO being down on a particular tower. It's really a waste of time trying to talk to them about that. Chances are it's just a temporary issue and sometimes you just have to ride it out for a few hours.

#14 larry, Jul 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  15. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The data support people are usually very helpful. Before they got me trouble tickets and had engineers out there asap, who even called me. EVDO has been down for days, possibly weeks (while I was gone). The whole fact that he said it was known, and probably not going to be fixed, said engineers wouldn't call me (they have before), and couldn't transfer me w/o another INSANE wait time just made me irritated. He just didn't say anything, so I said thanks and hung up. Unprofessional and rude to say the least. I am sure they have a lot of crap to deal with, with 40 minute hold times, but it's crazy. I don't care about EVDO on my voice phone, but I do for my broadband card. Now...I have to call and get my bill taken care of. Sheesh, in 2 days I must have logged 20 calls (transfers and such) to CS. :rolleyes: This is as bad as Verizon was in 03, course at least Sprint 1x voice works fine!

16. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Im sooooo sorry Airb330, i will learn to be more gullible and believe that Sprint is out to screw everyone and that we are all just helpless victims of Sprint...And that every single Sprint CS SUCKS thread is true, since they all seem to show up around the same time as soon a leader get the 1st ball off the ground.

Me and Larry we never seem to have a problem with CS, but a again we dont need to call CS every wink and turn...Why is that!!! I mean I just had to call Sprint today to get a phone exchange on my friends account from an M610 to a DLX within the 30day policy....The experience was so good--the rep is send out the DLX before they get the 610 back and there wasnt even any hold time...NONE at 1.877.812.1223 whole call took 10 minutes....But people like Andy wants us to believe that he was 10 times just to get a return kit....Please I was born at night not last night...

You guys want to flame me for calling you guys out on some of these half-baked stories--and cheering for Sprint too much--That's fine...but i've been in the CS line of business and there are always two sides to every story.

17. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    jenny-
    Come on now I agree with you I am starting to not have many problems as well. But I want to make a three way call with you and then we will call customer service and then we will see how long the wait is. Also I am going to tell you Andy did go through just what he said he did. I dont think a good friend like he would call me up after he did this and spend 30 minutes telling me what he said and it echos this thread he wrote. You cant assume people are telling a story just to make Sprint look bad. Also give Airb330 some respect he is a great person.

18. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ok we all know that Sprint customer service isn't the greatest. That's been established many times over. But come on do we have to keep posting about every little bad thing that happens on a daily basis? It's not going to change anything and it's just bringing down the atmosphere of this forum. Who wants to come to a forum with all this negativity? I guess misery loves company and that accounts for why people seem to want to jump on the "let's bash Sprint" bandwagon. Ever since the letter termination incident (which is pretty much gone now) this forum has gone way down hill and isn't a fun place to be in. But isn't this kind of getting old? Can't anyone just suck it up and deal with what happens without posting about every single incident? I know there are issues with other carriers that people deal with but don't routinely come on and post about in those forums. This is starting to remind me of HOFO and I'm sure none of us want that to happen. Just my 2 cents.

19. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Hey- I never said he wasnt.....But I just find it odd that when one person post about a billing error, everyone has billing errors now, when one persons evdo doesnt work everyone's isnt working right, when one person has 30minute hold time, were calling cs and getting 90minute hold times, and none this is consistent. All the Sprint CS Sucks and Sprint Billing Screwed me will die down and no-one will be complaining or ranting about about screwed over in a few weeks and we'll all go back to talking about what phone is coming out next or Wimax.....Then out of nowhere will come a post talking about "OMG-Sprint is Screwing me someone HELP"....Then I bet 100$ that in the same week everyone has the same problem the OP had..and then we start all over again....

and let me ask this question- Why would andy get Sprint/SERO when he knew before hand that Sprint coverage in his area was not that of VZW just yet, but he took the dive anyway....Just a question that has me scratching my head.

And I'm not saying that everyone doesnt have legitimate issue with CS or billing, but their Legitimate stories get lost amongst the bandwagon jumpers looking to pile it on.

20. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    What an ignorant and messed up comment. Don't you understand that we don't call CS just because we have nothing better to do, but because we have problems and our accounts are screwed up? Is that so hard to understand?

21. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Listen,

Now that you are running out of arguments you pound on the fact that it is odd that everyone is complaining at the same time. I signed up with Sprint 29 days ago, and just cancelled, Airb just got back from his vacation and is having massive problem. Sure it's a timely coincidence, BUT those of us who have been loyal to this board and around long enough know not to make stupid comments like this. We know each other well enough to not make assumptions like this when we run out of arguments.
    What does your argument about me having horrible customer service experiences have to do with me knowing that the Sprint coverage here is not on par with Verizon? I never once complained to Sprint about coverage- my Sprint issues were 99.9% with Customer Service and billing.
    Who has bandwagon piled here? Airb and myself opened threads about our recent Sprint happenings and experiences and a few people chimed in about the problems they've had in the past...nothing too dramatic.

22. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Too be honest---Yes it is that hard....because if your problem was as ligit as you try to portray then there not CS rep on earth that would'nt try to help you resolve your issue....but like I will continue to claim...there is more to these stories then what people are letting on to. Now you can sit there and flame up and down, but the truth still stands.

23. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    You know, Lenny, that is your own opinion and from reading your posts and accusations from other forums, I honestly don't care what you think about me, nor my problems.
    Have a great day!

24. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Your kidding right....Andy you just showed your hand, you signed up with Sprint 29 days ago and on the 29th day like magic you began having problems with Customer Service, is it becuase maybe you miss marking a day off on the calendar and really had the service for more then 30days, and that's why your having all these problem with getting a return slip. What problem are you having on the 29th day that you didnt have on days 1-28 that makes you just want to cancel.....

Im going to stop not becuase you can see where I'm going with this.

Its only stupid to you because you know, I'm hitting at the heart of the issue....any logical think person know that I make perfect sense, and it add's up.

Man- I really though WA was different then SU or HOFO, but its all the same....Places to bash/troll/hate on, rather then learn and educate people.

25. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Hey the feeling is mutual.

26. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Alright I think this needs to be closed WA is much different than the other. Lenny I apologize for calling you jenny it was a typo. Lets all just forget about the differences and lets try and dedicate a calm peaceful night in remeborance of roamer1.

27. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Thread closed. Let's talk about new things now.

*Edit* On second thought since this is Airb's thread he should be the one to decide what to do with it.

#27 larry, Jul 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  28. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No, I am not closing this thread. Just because one person has an attitude doesn't change that. Some people here actually care if I get my problem resolved. Maybe other mods will disagree.

My accounts are screwed, thanks to the billing shift, and EVDO apparently will never exist at my house again. I am irritated at Sprint for lousy CS (I thought it was fine until now). I am going to try, again, to get someone at billing. I hope to get that straightened out, because at least the datacard works...but the heck if it is mobile broadband, it's just mobile!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.