Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

about to sign new contract, But who to sign with?

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Papalagnaf, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Papalagnaf

Papalagnaf New Member

Bear with me as I am not very good with the keyboard. I have Cingular right now, my contract expires on the 29th. I am considering Verizon or AT&T,because of minutes and coverage. After reading some discussions here I got very confused about TDMA and GSM, and all not to mention different phones. I am not a total idiot, but, I have lost my confidence in my ability to pick between providers now. I hear Voicestream and Cingular are about to get better and I need guidance from above any takers ?????? I live in the SF/BayArea and travel most of Ca.My needs are better coverage and more minutes.

Hill, not the brightest bulb in the package

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Papalagnaf

I live in Tracy and travel much of the east and west bay areas. For your money, I would go with ATT or Verizon.

Read my web article.

By the way, your post should have been made in the Western Regional forum.

3. Trix

Trix Junior Member

ok, did i miss something or did u move his thread?

4. Trix

Trix Junior Member

forgot to add:

my parents are in La Jolla, and travel to san fran and around that area alot...

dad has ATT, supplied by work....but when it came time to get a phone for my mom, he got verizon. he said it works better for them down there.

just my 2 cents.

5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'd have to agree with Kevin look into Verizon or AT&T. I don't have personal experience over there but from I hear those 2 are the best in California.

AT&T Wireless

Verizon Wireless

6. Papalagnaf

Papalagnaf New Member

I am sorry I took so long to get back to my thread ...very busy lately. Anyway, thank you, especially Kevin, I read your article and am now properly rebuked at having asked you all to do my research. LOL. I will check out AT&T,Verizon at the major stores in my region and attempt to make an intelligent choice.

Thank you again !!!!!!!!!!

Papa

7. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I'm going through the same issue...My ATT contract is up in September, but I'm shopping around early. I've been feeling really confused too, so you're not alone. I'm at the point currently of leaning towards Verizon due to the packages & my needs...ATT's no roaming/LD packages don't include enough anytime minutes in the price range I'm willing to spend...however Verizon currently does.

Determine what your needs are & go from there...Good luck!

8. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Papalagnaf,
    Let me address the technology issue. Don't worry about what technology a carrier uses. The most important issues are PRICE and COVERAGE. Advising you to check AT&T or Verizon gives you a good start on Coverage, they are the best in town. Then choose among their plans that fit your lifestyle. Then choose among that carrier's phones. Even their cheapest phone will give you good service. They don't want to sell junk that everybody will bring back.

Give your phone a good workout in all the places you'll need it: home and work. Both carriers gives you at least 2 weeks to try it, and return if their service isn't right for you.

To confirm the best carriers to use in SF, see:

San Francisco Carrier Ratings

-Bill Radio

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Does this Nationwide plan sound nice; 1000 anytime minutes and UNLIMITED Weekends? Just tell me if you like it, and I will tell you how to get it and how much it costs. It's cheap I'll tell you that, and noone else can match it.

Does this regional (California & Nevada) plan sound nice; 3000 anytime minutes?

Just email me here if you are interested.

10. Papalagnaf

Papalagnaf New Member

Thanks everybody......I have read all your messages and am on the hunt. Jodi, I will be interested to hear who you decide to go with and how the service and coverage are. Maybe I can give you some help as I will be having to reup by the 29th of this month. I will try to let you know what I get and how I like it ok? Anyway again thank you everybody for your help. Kevin. by the way, it is people like you that make the internet an invaluable tool. I have been to your site and am still not done, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!