Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

About the Nokia N97.

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by icecool, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icecool

icecool Guest

I was just reading couple of reviews about the N97, I really really liked it a lot. It looks so cool. I basically love phones with a QWERTY keyboard, i feel more comfortable @ work with a phone that has a keyboard. Im totally not comfortable working with a full touch screen phone.

I believe the N97 has not come out in the market yet, does anyone know when its going to be out in the market (???)

I really want to have a look at the N97, the pictures of it in GSM arena looked amazing, but now i want to touch it with my hands. I read somewhere that, this phone has a 32GB built in memory is that true? What is Mega Pixel of its camera, 5MP or 8?

And last but not least, does anybody know whats going to be the price for it?

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    GSM Arena has a full specifications list which answers most your questions except price @ Nokia N97 - Full phone specifications

The answers to your question more specifically are:

• 32GB built in memory, expandable to 48GB with a 16GB memory card added

• 5 MP, 2592x1944 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, auto focus, LED flash, video light

Additional information can be found from Nokia's site at Nokia - ShowPressRelease

This is Nokia's flagship phone, which means it will be hideously expensive for a LONG time. AT&T may carry it, but don't bet on it. They haven't carried most of Nokia's high-end phones.

I found all this information out by searching "Nokia N97" on Google.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 M in LA, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  3. cheesa

cheesa New Member

latest mobile phones

i also like the Nseries of nokia and its cool features.., the price depends on its version of the phone, anyway i have a link here in the latest and coolest mobile phones in the market.

to view click here =)

#3 cheesa, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
  4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Re: I LOve the N97, When is it going to be out?

It likely won't make it to US shores by being picked up by AT&T. They've lacked carrying Nokia's highest-end phones in recent years. I'm not sure why, but the sheer expense of them could be more than they want to deal with. This is just a guess, though.

If you want one, you'll probably have to buy it at full retail from a retailer selling unlocked GSM phones, like how you got your Moto A810.

Be prepared, the N97 will be hideously expensive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 M in LA, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  5. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    Re: I LOve the N97, When is it going to be out?

It looks to be a good handset, but at the same time it really isn't anything we haven't seen before, the specs are just beefed up a bit. For instance, the N95/96 can pretty much do what the N97 can.

Apart from the 32 GB internal memory the specs are a little bit 'meh' for a high-end handset. 8 MP is the standard for high-end handsets so 5 MP just doesn't cut the high-end mustard anymore and SE have a 12 MP cameraphone coming out later this year. An LED flash is a bad showing for a handset that will cost £500+, they should have included a proper Xenon flash.

Most high-end handsets will do that.

It's released in the UK next month.

Please don't mistake my natural British cynicism as an attempt at ruining the handset for you or trying to put you off buying it, I don't mean to do that. What I am trying to do is make you aware that whilst the N97 is a good handset it is always best to really examine a product this expensive to make sure you are getting best value for your money. If no American network picks up the N97 then you will be paying full price for it, that's a lot of money for a handset unless you are positive that you really want it. Here it will be free with contract, the worst that would happen if someone didn't like it is that they would just buy another handset.

In my honest opinion the N97 isn't much better than the existing N96, the only major improvements in my opinion are the increased memory capacity and the full QWERTY keyboard. You may want to consider some other handsets like the LG GD900 or the Sony Ericsson Idou or the Samsung Tocco Ultra, etc.

The N97 is a good handset, but please make sure you fully research such a big purchase.

#5 scotsboyuk, May 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  6. dud3ee

dud3ee New Member

I like nokia n 97. It is really a cool phone with many cool features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.