Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

About the New Cingular Plans....

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by mendel, Jan 29, 2005.

1. mendel

mendel Junior Member

I hope someone is making the same mistake people made on VZW’s new plans, which was that all the base family plans included 2 lines, so if that were true, than these new plans are awesome!!!

The main thing, that always kept me away from VZW, was their arrogant attitude, that they are the best, and therefore can charge the most etc... I just hope Cingular does not turn into the arrogant wireless carrier VZW always was.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    Until Cingular expands thier coverage in the Western US, I don't think you will see the arrogance like Verizon has. There are so many rural areas West of the Mississippi that are not covered as well as Verizon that at least out here they have a lot of work to do!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile

...oh really....huh...;)

4. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I know you agree with me Andy :) Verizon has way more coverage out West than Cingular!

5. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I'm just surprised to hear this from you. A lot of areas out here they are very, very good, but I'm sure there are areas where the opposite is true.

6. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Don't be surprised. Just because I use Cingular doesn't mean I think they are the best. I think Verizon is better within Phoenix city limits. However, I know more people on Cingular than Verizon, and it is more economical for me to use Cingular than Verizon because of M2M minutes. I just like to give you a hard time about Verizon because I know they aren't the best for everyone :)

7. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    OF course they aren't the best for everyone; if you can't make good use of Free IN Calling, then even though their coverage might be much better in your area, it might not be worth it for you to pay a lot more with them than with a different carrier. I get the best of both worlds, the best coverage in my area(w/out arguments), plus Free IN Calling, and now I get free National Access on my phone as well.
    Anyways, sorry for the off-topicness...again...:)

8. dallison

dallison Senior Member

cing. plan is almost the same as vw. tehy have 500 min for 2 phones for $60 and cing has 450w/rollover for 2 phones for $60

9. mendel

mendel Junior Member

I have a GSM plan, and I am soon elgible for a upgrade, would I have to renew my contract with a newer plan, or could I renew with my current rate plan?!?

10. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If your going to accept a new phone with a discount they may make you take a new plan. Otherwise you don't have to do anything & let your plan go month to month & get a new phone at full retail without a contract thru Cingular, or go thru Ebay.

11. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I am going to second this nomination. If you want everything to stay the same with the plan that you have, Ebay is really the way to go!