Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

? about phone compatability

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by slayer12, Aug 5, 2002.

1. slayer12

slayer12 New Member

I want to switch from verizon to cingular and have a startac 7868w. Can this phone be used with cingular, some people said yes cingular cust service said they dont think so?

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    No it will not work, the Verizon phone is a CDMA phone while Cingular is either GSM or TDMA depending on where you live. You'll need to buy a new phone from Cingular to be used on their network.

3. nester

nester New Member

if you like the startac, you'll need a 7797 like mine to do cingular... an at&t phone could also work (but might act up in some areas, like south jersey), but you'd need to get it unlocked by a hacker; in that case you could get a timeport... cingular never offered one, but they did offer some of the flip style talkabouts which are supposedly better than my 7797 but don't have the rear battery option. if you don't want a junk free phone and don't want to pay a lot, check out ebay or a flea market... but try to find a phone that was already cingular; cingular never locks their phones (not that it would matter if you were getting their service).

4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Will need to sell the 7868w and get a cingular V60 or the 7797

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...