Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

a quick rundown on the vx8100

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by njsvrzncdma, Sep 9, 2005.

1. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    it seems there is so many threads on the vx 8100 no one seems to know where to find the right info so lets make one thread. Feel free to add your wisdom.

1) upgrade at verizon to V04 as soon as possible before doing any modding.
    this will reactivate your mp3 player and the front buttons.

2) easy way to use phone as an mp3 player. buy a mini sd card and a reader. place the sd in your phone so it gets formatted then place in your computer reader. open mini sd on your computer and youll see the 4 folders that you can place things in.

3) wallpaper size front lcd = 160x128 main lcd = 176x184
    using these dimensions you will fill up the screen with the wallpaper.

4) mp3 ringtones require you to buy the USB cable and download bitpim
    you will need the usb drivers for the cable.

any weird things your phone is doing like volume fluctuation, crackling, mysterious on/off, IS not normal take it to verizon. also check to see if auto volume is on for the volume issue. feel free to add to the thread. :wink:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 0oLakeShoreo0

0oLakeShoreo0 Senior Member

Thanks for posting this, I've been doing a ton of research on the phone as I'm considering buying it. I really like what I see, especially with the kinks that V04 takes care of.