Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

a little trouble with nokia 3285

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Guest, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

my nokia 3285 is suddenly making this rapid alternating beeping when i try to dial any number. i can't dial 611, or *228 or any normal number.
    i called support, they had me program the phone manually, and that didn't work. if i call my number, i got voice mail quickly with no ring.

if you go to menu 5, usually they have automatic A, automatic B, analog and Home. I sometimes get Automatic, SemiAuto A, SemiAuto B and sometimes just blank (with Quit button)!

is this phone jacked up?

2. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Either you phone is not Programmed correctly...Fried...or your ESN/Min do not match what they have in their switch...

1.) pull up your phone number in the phone and see what is programmed...
    2.) write down your esn
    3.) call cust. service, 1 have them verify what they have listed as your esn and your phone number
    4.) have them do a switch refresh on your number, sometime CS can do this sometime they have to call Tech. support it depends on the carrier.
    5.) if that doesn't work take into to store, and have them replace your phone under warranty as long as there is not physical damage or abuse...if there is water damage or other damage excpect to purchase a new phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

i can make call if i switch it to analog, not digital. i asked them, no changes to my account, everything is the same.
    this seems to happen after i use the call forward and after disabling it.

4. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    If you switch to analog are you going to a different carrier?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I would take the phone into your local Verizon Wireless store and talk to them. They can help you more that way then over the phone.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

If you switch to analog are you going to a different carrier?

how do you tell?

7. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    If you are on analog service, dial 611, in most cases you will get the customer service of the network you are on...occasionaly you will get your own customer service. (Some carriers will automaically route you to your customers service...however I don't see this happening as much in the past.)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I've seen this same problem with 3285. Press *#9999# to see what the PRL is. If it says None then you need to take it in to Verizin.