Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

A drawn out problem, may be solved with simple answer

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by cheatin2win, Jun 28, 2007.

1. cheatin2win

cheatin2win New Member

I bought my alltel RAZR V3m in Pocatello, ID knowingly that I was going to move to Boise in a few months... I was told there would be no problem moving, and I should have good service with out roaming... I am now in Boise, and I have the blinking yellow arrow and the green box with a "D" inside of it. I am not sur if this is roaming and I don't really want to take the chance if it is. So I call customer service to change my address and to get my phone changed to work in Boise, (and there is coverage I looked it up), the customer service agent told me that I would need to visit an alltel store. Problem the nearest alltel store is over 100 miles away, is there a way that I can change my phone to this area? If so how? and does the little blinking yellow arrow mean that I am roaming. Any help would be appreciated.

2. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    The blinking arrow is free to use and does not incur roaming charges.

The blinking triangle indicates that you are simply outside of your home area and you may be on Alltel, or a free roaming partner, but that you will not be charged extra to use the signal. The roaming charges could only come from using the phone when you have a solid triangle that does not blink.

Edit: If the blinking becomes annoying, you can stop that by reprogramming your home area/System ID. Don't bother going by a store because you can do that yourself without driving 100 miles. To do this:
    Go to menu: settings: network: current network: Remember the current Sys ID
    Rapidly hit: 74663# (menu) (menu): select NAM1: Change 'CDMA Sys ID' to the network number that your phone is currently on (The number you just looked up as the current Sys ID). That should stop the blinking.

3. cheatin2win

cheatin2win New Member

That is very good news, thank you... I just can't quite seem to change my CDMA Sys ID, where do I "rapidly hit" 74663#, and what button is the (menu) (menu)

4. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Maybe not roaming, but MAYBE roaming. It all depends on the plan the OP is on. Yes, it would make sense that he should have been placed on a NF plan if the reps knew he would be moving around, but that is NNOOTT a given.

If on a GF plan, the once he leaves his "home" region he WILL incurr charges.

This is hard to say yes or no to as he/she never revealed the plan they are on.

5. cheatin2win

cheatin2win New Member

oh I will leave it now which I am on the greater freedom plan... Why is it the agent would not inform on that. What are my choices.

6. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Don't worry about charges here is your coverage if you are billing out of Pocatello.

[​IMG]

You can reprogram your sid. Which would eliminate it or just leave it be. Menu in the case of the razr would be the clr button.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...