Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

9999999999 / 999-999-9999

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by sammy996, Mar 3, 2009.

1. sammy996

sammy996 New Member

I am being billed for a number 999-999-9999 by verizon wireless. I did not pick up stray or telemarketing calls. One of the calls was for 9 minutes.

I wish Verizon would just put appropriate numbers on the phones or at the very least interpret them on the internet when looking over the charges. The bill did not post yet so I can't see if peak or non-peak.

I am hoping to get some help here so I don't have to get on the phone with them for hours until someone THINKS they know what the charges are for.

Thanks in advance.

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    The 9999999999 calls that showed up on my online history were calls that were made from blocked/private numbers. On the bill, the calls showed up as "unavailable". Another explanation is that maybe that you received the calls via call waiting. Sometimes the Caller ID information gets lost in the shuffle.

On another line the 999999999 calls were attempted data sessions by the backup service. Since I have data blocked on the secondary lines, data use couldn't be billed. These calls were 1 minute in length and the destination was "3254". On my bill, the calls were not on there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xmfan08

xmfan08 New Member

For some reason when I the 9999999999 on my online usage it is times when I am using Vcast Video even though I am on Nationwide and have the VCast Vpak and they don't show up on my paper bill as minute usage but as Video Clips under Data Usage.

4. JasonLAllerdings

JasonLAllerdings Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG Octane
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    These are generally Verizon Data Calls. I've gotten them on each of my lines for downloads with VCAST and for Subscription checks (VZ NAV, Chaperone, etc.) I have checked my final bill after the cycle and they do NOT show up in the billing and they are not counted in any of the minutes. Also, the data calls should NOT count on your current minutes since they are data calls. Check the desination listing, if it's a number, then it's data.

I feel your confusion - tried to track this online for several hours before I noticed the corrilation between data usage, TOD, and when I subscribed to stuff.

Hope this helps.