Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

8265 vs 8260 comparison

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Christo, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Christo

Christo New Member

I though I'd share my experiences with everyone here, I used to have an 8260 for a year and just switched to 8265. I had a lot of problems with the 8260, my main complaint was the poor call quality...you can hear a lot of static as soon as you press the dial key all the way through the call...well that's completely gone in the 8265, the calls are dead clear (free of static/interference). Reception seems to be very similar (at least according to the display), the main difference is the 8265 seems to handle weak areas better. I've only had the phone for a week, but I see a big difference. The 8260 had a lot of problems at areas of weak signal, I'm not sure the reason for this, it might have been trying to switch to different modes to get the best signal but it either had a faulty algorithm or some cheap parts. Think about this: the 8265 is 2 years newer, has basically the same features yet it's (slightly) bigger and heavier. You don't see a manufacturer making a bigger phone for no reason. Seems like they deliberately left out something from the 8260 to keep the size down. Just my 2 cents.

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I've heard the 8265 has a improved internal antenna. That might be the reason why it does better in weak signal areas.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i have an 8265, the thing is really nice, works wonders

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Glad it works for you. On the other hand, my 8260 didn't have any of those problems you mentioned. Maybe the network here is better and those problems are not noticeable here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]what did you do with your 8260? Are you interested in selling it? If so what color is your face plate?

6. dallison

dallison Senior Member

the 8260 was the 2nd internal antenna fon that i know of the 8860 being the 1st. so the technology from those two fones is ancient compared to now, and if you look at nokia's lineup minus the 5165, they have gone away from the external antenna and external battery. one, the cust omer always manages to break off the antenna, so no antenna to catch on the car seat and break, 2, those 51/6100 series fones with the peice of paper stuck between the handset and the battery, no more. all batteries are hidden by a plastic cover so eveery time you bump your fon it won't shut off, unless you're abusive

7. Sunset214

Sunset214 New Member

I have one with a red and one with a blue face plate for sale. Let me know! sunset214@attbi.com