Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

8125 Registry EDITS

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by nKrypteD1, Sep 29, 2006.

1. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    First of all, and let me stress this, THESE EDITS ARE UNSUPPORTED AND I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY IF SOMETHING MESSES UP ON YOUR HTC WIZARD VARIANT. That said, I have performed hacks that I'm posting, I will also be posting other hacks I've run across that I have not Performed they will be noted as such. After performing a hack please wait at minnimum 1 minute (60 seconds) before soft resetting, I suggest 2 minutes, this time is neccessary for the Wizard to make the changes permanent instead of resetting the registry. You can use total commander I use PHM Registry Editor available for free atPHM Online.

List of Fixes:

Enable 802.11g, please note this can potentially make the device unstable when connected via that protocol which is why it's normally disabled, different user responses have been posted on the forums I have seen this on.

Add a Dword named dot11SupportedRateMaskG with value 8 (binary) in
    HKEY_Local_Machine\Comm\TNETWLN1\Parms\

Increase Cache to speed up the Wizard, this hack is generally marked as stable and I can honestly say it's made a small difference and I've not had any problems with it.

in HKEY_Local_Machine\System\StorageManager\FATFS\
    Set CacheSize to 4096 (binary)
    and be sure that EnableCache is at 1 (binary)

then in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt\
    set ReplStoreCacheSizeto 4096.

GPRS Polling Fix, use this edit to stop your radio from crashing (note if your gprs data connection, yes edge as well, hangs you'll have to disconnect and reconnect it that's what this is about)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL]

set GPRSStallWorkaround to 0 (binary)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path"
    Change value from "\Windows\SDDialer.exe" to "\Program Files\Voice Command\VoiceCMD.exe"

Enable GPS Control Panel

HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings
    Delete the DWORD marked "hide"
    Add a DWORD called "Group" and give it the value of "2" (dec)
    If there is a "Redirect" Key delete it or change it to "Redirect Disabled"

Disable Text Messaging "Sent" Notification

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\
    Create a Settings Key (it's like a folder,) enter said key, create a new string "SMSNoSentMsg" with a value of 1.

Enable Keyboard Indicator
    HKey_Current_User\ControlPanel\Keybd create Dword EnableIndicator set a value of 1

Change the location of PIE (Pocket IE) Cache
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Cache You can change the default value "\Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files" to "\Storage Card\IE\Cache" or something of the like.

There's a ton more those are just the one's I've done on my device, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some, xda developers has a large list of stuff at http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=WM5_Tweaks_Other

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jordan2005

Jordan2005 Member

My Phone:
    Black Moto Razr V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint PCS, Nextel,
    How do you find the files??? I can't seem to find these files... What apps do i go into to find these???

thanks!!!!!:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Use the PHM Registry Editor to modify your registry, it's not specifically a set of files but what's known as a HIVE file. Just be aware be very careful with what you do otherwise you may have to hard reset your device.