Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

8125 Cingular tether

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by merkin, Jun 12, 2006.

1. merkin

merkin New Member

I am trying to tether to my 8125. I have installed the drivers on my PC and have diabled activesyn use of USB. I have actived the Modem Link on the 8125. On my pc under Network Connections I have a new connection set up. I have WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM for the user name, CINGULAR1 for the password and *99***2# for the number to dial. "Modem - HTC USB Modem (COM9)" is selected on the general tab for the connection properties. This modem only shows up when the 8125 is connected to the USB and Modem Link is activated.

When I choose "Dial" I get the error "Error 777: The connection attempt failed because the modem on the remote computer is out of order"

Any ideas?

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I think the problem is those settings are what is supposed to be in your phone, not your computer. AFAIK you cannot use dial-up networking like that. There is modem connection software out there for phones & PDA's. I know I use MPT with my Motorola V3, and those are the settings I have in the internet setup on the phone. I've never tried to teather my iPAQ 6515 before.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  4. elmo01

elmo01 Senior Member

not knowing what kind of tether you are attempting...

https://onlinecare.cingular.com/sup...se=cingular&make=Cingular&model=8125&x=27&y=4

select the link

Connect device and laptop/PDA to access internet

5. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hmm be sure to disable your ActiveSync USB connection and also try it as just *99# no ,,2 my W600i was like that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sbsyncro

sbsyncro Junior Member

Try PDAnet from www.junefabrics.com I use it with my Treo 700w and it works flawlessly. Absolutely zero configuration and it worked right out of the box. I was blown away at how flawlessly it works. Definitely worth the price

7. nKrypteD1

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ok I was reading through my 8125 Manual last night, first of all on the 8125 it's *99# second of all install the drivers off the cd and run the modem link application on the pda

8. nKrypteD1

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Full breakdown of tethering 8125 to a laptop for edge/GPRS,

Disabled ActiveSync USB Connection,
    Execute Mobile Link Application on 8125,
    Connect 8125 install Modem Drivers from 8125 CD,
    Setup a Dialup Connection with the following Parameters and chose USB Modem (I forget the exact name) as the dialing modem:
    Username WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password CINGULAR1
    (note user and password shouldn't matter but I put it in for Completeness)
    Telephone # *99#
    (*99,,2# doesn't work, has something to do with the optimizer)
    you should now be able to link up.

9. Curious2

Curious2 New Member

I just joined WirelessAdvisor and while I am an anarchest at heart, your rules are good and I want to be obedient (for a refreshing change), so let me know if I need to post this question(s) in another place. I have a Linksis wireless router in the "secured" mode. How can I connect my 8125 via WiFi? And, if I do so, do I need a data plan from Cingular to access the internet via WiFi on the 8125? Thanks.