Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

7210 now on AT&T WS web site

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by carrolldf, Jan 19, 2003.

1. carrolldf

carrolldf Junior Member

7210 now on AT&T WS web site

I have been checking on a regular basis and the 7210 is now showing on the AT&T WS web site. This is where I found it: http://www.shopattwireless.com/webcode/displayall/phones.asp?PromoCode=ER2222&ZipCode=78259 (I selected products from main page and the 7210 is at the bottom of the page.)

I don't know if it's available for all zip codes but it is for mine. Price is $349 - $50 instant rebate or $299.

Nokia USA still says "<SPAN class=bold>Coming Soon: </SPAN>This phone is not currently available in the U.S. Please check back for updates and service provider information."

Still not on TMobile.

2. Vinch

Vinch Junior Member

but i buy this phone would i be able to unlock i and take it back to brazil??

3. joethus

joethus New Member

hi
    i can sell you an unlocked 7210 that you can use on any GSM network. email me at joekadavil@hotmail.com if you are interested. my aol screenname is joethus

4. carrolldf

carrolldf Junior Member

I understand that AT&T will NOT give you the unlock codes plus buying from them will require you to sign a 1-2 year contract.

Plus, you can get the UNLOCKED phones through ebay (and most likely other places as well) for less than $349, probably less than the $299 price if you look. I bought my 7210 through ebay in early December for $345 plus $25 S&H. (If I'd bought it locally, I would have paid 8% sales tax so $25 S&H was reasonable to me.) I would expect that prices on ebay may go down now that the phones are going to be available (finally) from the carriers but I didn't want to wait and I wanted the unlocked phone. (I have seen ebay auctions for the 7210 closing as low as $255 in the last week or so.)

5. butterguy

butterguy New Member

caroll...you are totally right, I wouldn't buy a gsm phone from a carrier unless I knew I could unlock them easily and since there are so many on ebay, might as well buy them from there.

6. blackwidow2571

blackwidow2571 New Member

Thanks for the note that Nokia hasn't updated their website. I'll send a note to the correct people to change it this week. The 7210 just came out in stores in Florida where we're located this Tuesday, and we were waiting for it to arrive before we told people it was available.

7. carrolldf

carrolldf Junior Member

The Nokia website now shows it as available at AT&T. I think it started showing that yesterday (could have been late Thursday).

Most of the accessories specifically for the 7210 (faceplates, datacable, etc.) are still listed as "coming soon".

8. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

I have had this phone for months, and so has alot of other people. I sell these phones unlocked, never-locked on my website, www.alienwireless.net if anyone is interested. I have it listed on my website as $380, but since AT&T has come out with the 7210, I lower the price on it to $370 since mine our unlocked. Anyone interested in purchasing it for $370 contact me at sales@alienwireless.net.

9. mrnokia

mrnokia Senior Member

..Moderators & Forum-Posters You Must Hear Me Out, For Your Own Safety, And the Safety Of Others!

Obviously, I am not staying anonymous. It is about time that I explain my story and my previous expierences with aiwapro. Who "sells" "unlocked" cell phones, cases, accessories etc..

At first, I thought that he was a nice guy. Always had great deals and offers.. they never ended, I began to love 'em. I thought that I was rolling (having a good time). AIWAPRO and I met here, on Wireless Advisor. He was talking to me about seling the 7210 before it was released. Sometime in September and October. Instead of buying the phone directly from him, since I could not afford it, I asked him if I could be his partner, in his mobile industry (phone selling, case selling). I told him that I would be his web page creator so that his "company", Alien Wireless could cell UNLOCKED phones on the internet.

He told me that he wasn't sure if I could be his partner yet, he had to console with his other partner first, but he told me to "just continue working on the phone webpage". And so I did, I thought that by doing this would be a sort of "+" on my part. Making me become his partner much faster, since he'll like my work and that I could get it done.

I continually asked him day after day if he had to talked to his parter, since we had exchanged screen names for MSN messanger and the popular AIM, he continually told me "Not yet, but I will talk to him tonight" I would then always respond "So I would find out tomorrow evening right (since I had school)" HE would reply, "yep .."

As you may have noticed in the previous paragraph, I go to college. I am trying real hard to succeed in my life's goal. Have a nice house, expensive cars, good life, nice family etc .. Since aiwapro told me to "continue on the webpage" I did. Taking time out of my own life, to work on his webpage, on which I spent incredible mounts of time on hoping for it to pay me back in the end, (with a pay check each month, or by becoming his partner)

Two weeks had passed and he said that he still didn't speak to his "partner", and they are not sure about me being his "partner". Thus, he told me that they will pay me monthly to keep the webpage up-and-running, and update it etc. Therefore, I did so. Hoping to get my pay check for all of my hard work -- month, after month --

After those two weeks four weeks had passed. I told AIWAPRO and he acknowledged it and said that he knew that my pay month was done and that I should get some money. He told me that he will give me the money but, he said "we haven't sold any phones right now, so i really don't have any money". Even though he had agreed to pay me each month, and failed to the first time I told him that "it was okay" and that I will wait for the money to come, giving him a little more time, since, he, as my boss, made that agreement.

After one week after that, after continually updating, making ads, gimmicks, for the webpage, I consistantly asked him again for my money which I should have gotten a week or so earlier, via internet MSn, and AIm. He told me "that I still can't come up with the money, but I am trying" I was getting extremely aggitated, but still kept my temper down and worked and advertised for him.

Unbelievably, I kept on working for an additional week. AIWAPRO had said to me " I just to don't have the money, but I'll give you an unlocked phone." We talked about what service I had had and a good phone for me and concluded with the Moto V60. I was pleased. Even though this is a lot less cash value that I should have gotten in my check, I still accepted, paying him some gratitude for atleast giving me something after 2 months now or more, for my continual, hard-working hours of work.

One week after those two months I was still working on the webpage and the phone hadn't come! I was enraged and continually asked him on what was the matter. He told me "this week for sure, business days aren't on the weekend. you know that" So i believed him once more, once that wednesday of that week came NO PHONE! I waited unbelievable for another week and still no phone." Due to the fact that he hadn't paid me nor given me the phone for 2 and a half months now or more I threatened to cut the webpage (( alienwireless.cjb.net -- to those of you that remember it, or have been there ))

He said "just give me a couple more days", knowing me, I did, NO phone. So I confronted him on MsN messanger, cussing at him, screaming remarks, (since i feel i do have the right to do so, since i have not been paid for my hard work from my boss for 2 and a half months now!) trying to get him to send me something. Obviously knowing Aiwapro, he pretended to be his mom. What the heck huh? His mom was never on before. Since I confronted his "mom" he told me that I won't get anything and that I shouldn't do that. I was enraged! I did all this work for 2 and a half months and should have 2 paychecks alrteady and still no phone, and don't have any. Nevertheless, be it his mom or not he still has to give me the money, due tot he fact that we had an agreement and that he was my boss, and that he should have paid me 2 paychecks and a phone... It doesn't matter if it was his mom or not, its business, not family ties...

I cut the webpage (( alienwireless.cjb.net )) and stopped all work on the alienwireless webpage hoping to do better at school. To this day I try still to confront him and he won't respond, that AIWAPRO --- he has such a nerve. due to him i have been banned from howardforums.com (b/c aiwaprio made me advertise using "alienwireless" which I didn't know, but he did, that advertising wasn't allowed, and banned and discriminated against on other forums. He also has had many scams, including myself in which I strongly agree with the law that it isn't justified.

All of you forum-posters out there please watch out for this man. Cut any ties that you have with him (he acts nice in the beginning and chops you at the end like me!) don't buy anything from him, stop all contact, he is only out there to rip-people off! stay away from "alienwireless" also, I don't know if he still uses that as an alias. And you MODERATORS out there, please ban this man from Wireless Advisor, he is just going to cause continual and the most devistating damage, also destroy any things relating to "Alien Wireless", Aiwapro is just out to kill, destroy, and cheat. Don't let him get this forum, and the people here too, you must hear me out now.

Mr. Nokia
    macromediadude@hotmail.com
    AIM: ceoncorporation

if you would like to contact me..

10. aiwapro

Don't listen to this person. This is of course a lie, and I have told a few of you about it who chat with me on messenger daily and talk with me on the phone.

This person, approached me about building a website for me. He said he would do it for free, ehich he did. After he built it and everything, he wanted payment, but that wasn't in our original agreement. He wanted to be a partner, but I already had one, and a three-way deal just doesn't work. He continued asking for money just as he said, but because I had never agreed to paying, I didn't. He wanted $300 or some phone, but of course I didn't give him either, because I never told him I would. In the beginning, he said he would do it for free, and that's what we agreed on.

Don't listen to this guy, I don't even remember his name. He hasn't attempted to speak with me in months, but now that he sees that I have a new website, much better than what he had built, he wants to discourage people not to buy from me. I'm too much of a reputable seller for that.

To everyone who has bought from me, please post your experiences with me. Thanks.

11. geniusjester

geniusjester New Member

hey aiwapro, my cousin sent me a 7210 from overseas and i was wondering if there was any difference in the phones you sell to the one that i have. For instance i did notice that in my phone, 2-3 words are spelled wrong (ex. personaliSe instead of personaliZed). Also i was wondering what version does the 7210's you carry have?

12. aiwapro

I carry both version of Nokia 7210. The version you have is either European or Asian Spec, which is why those words are spelled differently.

I carry Euro/Asian Specs., and the U.S. Spec. There is no difference, except the Euro/Asian Spec. come with the Stereo Hands-free headset, and the U.S. spec. come with the normal hands-free headset.