Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

6360 Turns itself off!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by JimStrickland, Nov 1, 2002.

1. JimStrickland

JimStrickland New Member

I got a 6360. I loved it. After a couple of months, the phone started turning itself off sporadically. I kept the keylock feature on so I couldn't turn it off. I even witnessed it turning itself off while it simply sat on my desk. I called my AT&T rep. She promptly brought me a new phone the next day. That was about a month ago. Now, over the past couple of weeks this phone has started exhibiting somewhat similar problems. These problems are more predictable now, though. Now it seems that the phone cuts itself off once I disconnect from a call I initiated. I can receive a call and the phone will remain on after the disconnect. However, if I make a call, the phone will turn off after the disconnect. This even happens when using voice dialing over the handsfree earbud, with keylocks activated, so I know I am not accidentally turning the phone off myself. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? If so, was a solution ever reached?

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I know this may not make any sense but check how tight the battery is making contact with the terminals.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JimStrickland

JimStrickland New Member

What you suggested does make sense. Especially since I actually had to reset the clock and date this weekend after one such episode of the phone turning itself off. As near as I can tell the battery is very snug in the phone. I took it out, made sure the contacts were all in the correct position (one was set in a little further than the others so I pried it out just a tad), and reinserted the battery. As near as I can tell, there is no looseness in the fit of the battery. We will see if this makes a difference. It just seems odd to me that with both phones everything would be alright for the first month or so, and then, all of a sudden, this problem starts happening. Well, we shall see if my fiddling did anything.

4. ronin

ronin Junior Member

Mine did this a time or two, but this only started occuring after I had dropped in on an asphalt surface. Besides those two hiccups, it's been rolling along without incident.

5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I realize this is off the subject but I just wanted to share this. I dropped my 3360 from about 4 feet height onto concrete floor. The back plate came off and the battery as well. After I put it together, the phone worked just fine, but I noticed how I felt there was something loose inside if I shaked the phone. Turns out there was something loose inside the battery. In a matter of days, the battery performance went from approx. 3 days down to only a few hours. Bottomline, dropping your phone can kill the battery [​IMG]

JimStrickland, let us know how your phone behaves in the near future.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    Sounds like its warranty exchange time, or call your rep back ive heard of a few of 6360'S doing this

7. JimStrickland

JimStrickland New Member

An exchange is what I just did. However, this time I did a complete exchange for a new phone AND battery. My previous exchange was just for a new phone. Hopefully this will fix the problem, because I think this is one of the best phones Nokia, or anyone for that matter, has ever made.